Christmas Shortbread Cookie Bites are a Christmas staple and need to be on every cookie tray! These taste sensational & guess what? they only take 4 Ingredients!!!
One of my all time favorite times of the year- I love the holidays and I adore baking season! These are a must make!
Simple ingredients that everyone almost always has already in their kitchen too!
Who knew such easy ingredients could create one heck of a delicious cookie?!
Perfect for bake sales, Christmas, cookie trays, dessert or you could even make this recipe all year round by just changing up the sprinkles (if you choose to use) to the color you need! red sprinkles – Valentines day, Pink or Blue sprinkles – baby showers! The Possibilities are endless!
Make sure to check out my dessert section here on the blog– i have tons more christmas recipes as well as dozens of cookie recipes you will love!
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator for up to one week. They even freeze well up to a month!
These are sure to become a holiday favorite all year round! You can skip the chilling step if you dont have much time, cut the dough into squares right away. The chilled dough is much easier to cut COLD, so I recommend it if you have the few minutes to spare.
These mini cookie bites are buttery shortbread squares that taste incredible! You could even Drizzle these addictive melt-in-your-mouth bites with melted white chocolate to put them over the top!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Christmas Shortbread Cookie Bites ( 4 Ingredient )
Makes about 80 bites
- 1 cup unsalted butter cold
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3-4 tablespoons sprinkles of your choice -optional
- Preheat oven to 325F & line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, combine your butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract. Beat until creamy, scraping the mixing bowl often.
- Turn off the mixer then slowly Mix in the flour little by little
- Mix until it forms a dough
- Add sprinkles if you are using and beat again.
- Work dough with hands until it forms a ball.
- Press dough into your 9x13 pan that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Chill for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Grabbing the parchment paper, remove the dough from the pan and cut it into bitesize squares.
- Place squares 1 inch apart on a ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms just begin to brown.
- Keep a close watch as they will brown QUICKLY