Are you craving a sweet treat with some pistachios in it? Then be sure to try this amazing Pistachio Cake recipe! Made with pudding so the cake is ultra moist then topped with a sensational homemade Pistachio buttercream frosting!
If you love the taste of fresh pistachios with or without the shell, this Pistachio Pudding Cake is a must-have. It has the perfect taste and a soft, creamy texture you’ll love.
When you’d like to make a simple, stress-free dessert, this recipe is a great one to choose. Not only will you only need a few simple ingredients, but you’ll also have the option to customize this baked treat to your liking with some of your favorite toppings!
Create a simple and delicious dessert with this incredible Pistachio Cake recipe. It includes a few simple ingredients, such as pistachio instant pudding, granulated sugar, and milk, to name a few, all of which pair perfectly together to create something you’ll love. If you’re tired of having the same desserts all the time and want to try something different, you need this recipe in your life. It won’t disappoint!
Why You’ll Love This Cake with Pistachio Pudding
It’s creamy and delicious. If you’re a texture person, you’re going to enjoy this sweet treat.
- The Pistachio Pudding Cake is perfect for those who love that unique taste of pistachios. However, it also has a sweet touch to it, so anyone can enjoy it.
This recipe is so simple. You won’t have to spend all day in the kitchen to make it.
Ingredients Needed to Prepare the Recipe for Pistachio Cake
Before you get started, be sure to gather your ingredients from the local grocery store. If you have your ingredients already, you can begin preparing this recipe with ease!
Salted Butter – Allow your butter to sit out and soften before using it because it’s easier to work with when it’s soft.
- Pistachio Instant Pudding – You can’t prepare the pudding cake without the pudding. Be sure to grab the instant kind and not the kind you need to cook before serving.
- Milk – You’ll need to combine the milk with your instant pudding pack.
- Vanilla Extract – Add more flavor to your homemade dessert using a bit of vanilla extract.
- Granulated Sugar – The touch of sweetness comes from granulated sugar added to this dessert.
Pistachios – Roughly chop some pistachios that you can use as a garnish for this dessert!
You’ll only need a few other ingredients, such as eggs, vegetable oil, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and cornstarch.
What brand of pudding do I need to use?
The brand of the instant pudding isn’t too important. However, if you’re looking for recommendations, Jell-O makes a delicious pistachio pudding that would be great to use in this recipe.
What should I add on top of this cake?
The cake has a sweet buttercream topping full of flavor. However, you can also add chopped pistachios, a few drops of whipped cream, and some maraschino cherries on top of the cake if you’d like to customize it.
Can I make this recipe with other flavors of pudding?
Absolutely! While this is a recipe for pistachio pudding cake, feel free to follow the recipe while using your favorite flavor of instant pudding, such as the chocolate, vanilla, or even cheesecake flavor.
How many servings will this cake make?
When cut into sensible portions, this cake will leave you with 12 servings! If you’re making this for a small family gathering, it should be just enough for everyone to enjoy a flavorful slice of the sweet treat.
If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can still make this dessert using a traditional hand mixer and a bowl. You can also mix everything by hand with a wooden spoon if you don’t have a hand mixer.
- When mixing your ingredients, be sure to go back and forth between adding the wet and dry to prevent your mixture from becoming lumpy. When alternating between the two while mixing, it’s much easier to achieve that smooth consistency that you want for this cake.
Before you pour your cake batter into the bundt pan, be sure to grease it and add flour to it. Taking these extra steps will keep the cake from sticking to the pan when it’s time to remove and serve it.
How to Store
Wrap your Pistachio Cake in plastic wrap and place it in the fridge to keep it fresh. You can keep it stored in the fridge for up to five days.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 3/4 cup salted butter- soft
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (3.4 oz) pistachio instant pudding
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup pistachios- roughly chopped
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup cold whole milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped Pistachios or walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 325F and prepare a Bundt pan by rubbing generously with vegetable shortening and dust with flour. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, until just combined.
- Add in the pistachio pudding mix and mix until just combined and there are no dry spots remaining.
- Combine milk, vanilla, and oil in a large glass measuring cup.
- Add flour, cornstarch, and baking powder into a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Alternate adding dry and wet ingredients to the stand mixer starting with dry and ending with wet.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix for an additional 30 seconds.
- Fold in the chopped pistachios last.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the thickest part of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Flip over onto a serving dish.
- Prepare the buttercream by adding the butter into the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment and cream for 2-3 minutes until light and smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar, one cup at a time, mixing until just combined.
- Add in the pistachio pudding and mix until just combined.
- Add the heavy whipping cream & milk last and mix on low speed. Slowly increase to high speed for 3-4 minutes.
- Using an offset spatula, smooth the buttercream all over the top of the cake.
- Top with crushed pistachios and serve.