This Cosmic Brownie Cookies recipe tastes just as good, if not better than the Little Debbie snacks you enjoyed as a kid.
Do you remember eating Cosmic Brownies when you were a child? If so, bring back that nostalgic taste in the form of a cookie with this amazing recipe for Cosmic Brownie Cookies.
If you’re a fan of chocolate, these Cosmic Brownie Cookies will blow you away. They combine the taste of a brownie into the shape and texture of a cookie, making them the kind of dessert that everyone can love. Get busy in the kitchen with the required ingredients and learn how to prepare these tasty cookies from scratch in no time.
What Are Cosmic Brownies?
Crumbl Cookies Copycat Recipes are a popular treat made by Little Debbie. These chocolate brownies have chocolate icing on top with colorful candy-coated chocolates, making them taste so incredible. For most people, these brownies are an important part of their childhood, and eating anything close to these traditional brownies brings back those nostalgic feelings. Whether you’ve tasted them before or not, you can expect these Cosmic Brownie Cookies to leave you feeling impressed!
Why You’ll Love the Cookie Brownie Recipe
They’re the perfect combination of a brownie and cookie in one dessert.
It’s not hard to make these delicious Cosmic Brownie Cookies from scratch.
Not only will kids enjoy these cookies, but so will adults!
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Cosmic Brownie Cookies
Sweet Cream Butter – Leave your butter out and let it reach room temperature before you use it.
Light Brown Sugar – Make sure to use packed light brown sugar in this recipe for the added flavor it brings to the cookies.
All-Purpose Flour – You’ll need some flour to use when creating the homemade dough for your cookies.
Cocoa Powder – Add that chocolate touch with your favorite brand of cocoa powder.
Baking Soda – Make sure your cookies have the perfect texture by adding a bit of baking soda to the mix.
While these are the basics, you’re also going to need white granulated sugar, three eggs, light corn syrup, cornstarch, and a bit of kosher salt for the dough. When preparing the topping for these Cosmic Brownie Cookies, you need heavy cream combined with semi-sweet chocolate chips. Don’t forget the rainbow-coated chocolate chips to add on top as a finishing touch! If you love brownie cookies you will LOVE these Brookies, brings two favorites together in one!
How long do these cookies need to bake?
These cookies need to bake a bit longer than the average cookie. Be sure to leave them baking in the oven for a minimum of 15 minutes. However, in some cases, you may need to leave them baking for up to 17 minutes to get them to the consistency that you prefer.
What can I do if I only have dark brown sugar?
If you only have dark brown sugar, it’s not a problem. Add the sugar to a bowl and then add white granulated sugar to it, mixing well until you’ve created light brown sugar. It’s that simple.
Where can I find the rainbow-coated chocolate chips to add on top?
You may be able to find rainbow-coated chocolate chips at the grocery store. However, if you can’t find them locally, be sure to go online and order them. There are plenty of online stores that sell these tasty candies for you to use as the topping for the Cosmic Brownie Cookies.
How do I add the frosting to the cookies?
You can add the frosting to your cookies by spooning it on. Simply grab your spoon, add a bit on top of each cookie, and rub it in gently with the spoon before quickly tossing a few of the rainbow-coated chocolate chips on top.
How many cookies does this recipe make?
When following this recipe to a T, you’ll make two dozen cookies. You can double the recipe to make 48 cookies when hosting large events or planning to hand out cookies to loved ones for special occasions, such as birthdays and holidays.
Tips & Suggestions
Add the homemade frosting/ganache on top of the cookies while they’re still warm so that it melts perfectly on top of them.
If you don’t have semi-sweet chocolate chips, you can use a semi-sweet chocolate bar to create the ganache to use on top of your cookies.
Be sure to store the cookies in an airtight container to keep them fresh for several days.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Makes: 24 cookies
- 1/2 C sweet cream butter, room temp
- 1/2 C light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 C white granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 3/4 C all-purpose flour
- 1 C cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 2/3 C heavy cream
- 2 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 C rainbow coated chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, cocoa, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Whisk to mix. Set aside
- Cream together in a large mixing bowl the butter, white and light brown sugar using an electric mixer until it becomes light in color and fluffy.
- Add in the three eggs, pure vanilla, and corn syrup mixing until completely mixed.
- Continue beating while adding in the flour mixture until a soft cookie dough begins to form. With a large ice cream scooper, scoop dough into your hands and roll into a ball Place on the cookie sheet about 2 in apart from the other dough
- Use your hands to flatten the dough into the same size circles.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes.
- Pour the heavy cream into a small pot and bring to a simmer
- Pour hot cream over the chocolate chips into a small bowl
- Use a whisk to combine the heavy cream and chocolate chips until smooth
- Spoon the warm frosting on each cookie Immediately sprinkle the rainbow coated chocolate chips on top
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers
My Incredible RecipesLike @MyIncredibleRecipes today to never miss a recipe.
Recipes From HeavenLike @WeLoveRecipesFromHeaven to join 6 Million others.