Ok… This is one of my all time favorite Dinners..in the history of EVER. 🙂 The entire family goes crazy for this dish and its so easy, seriously! The sauce is creamy, cheesy and just insanely delicious!
This is one of those meals that you can add more veggies if you would like, or even substitute the chicken
for ham or just add more bacon!
(thats always a great idea!) lol 😀
Creamy Bacon Carbonara with Chicken!
- 1/2 lb. Pasta
- Fresh diced Parsley or dried flakes
- 2 Cups cooked/cut up rotisserie chicken my preference
- 1/2 cup Cream or Heavy Cream Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/2 lb. bacon fried crisp then crumbled feel free to add more!
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms optional
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, cream, Parmesan, parsley, salt and the olive oil in a bowl and set aside.
- Next in a large frying pan, fry the bacon until just crisp, then crumble and set aside as well.
- With 1 -2 Tbsp. bacon grease, saute the onion in the grease until the onions are translucent and golden, then add the cooked chicken pieces in and stir to coat.
- Drain the pasta and while still hot, add to the onion-chicken mixture and mix well.
- Finally, pour the egg/cream sauce into the pasta, and stir over low heat for one to two minutes until fully incorporated.
- remove from heat and fold in the bacon, reserving some to sprinkle on top before serving.
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest for more recipes!
Comments & Reviews
Trish Moore says
Sounds yummy. Looking forward to more recipes.
Suzanne Spence says
Wonderful recipe, I look forward to many more. Love to cook.
This looks so delicious, what a great use of leftover chicken, a must make recipe!
I will be making this tonight. It looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!
Judy shay says
Absolutely delicious…will be trying many of your other recipes!!!! Thank you☺
Mandy Schout says
Could this be made ahead & placed in oven later?
I would like to make this today.
when do the mushrooms go in? I assume you sauté them with the onions? thanks can’t wait to make this!