Cordon Bleu Chicken Wraps are a wonderful combination of boneless chicken breast, thin slices of ham and cheese… and of course I added some strips of BACON inside this bundles of goodness!
all rolled together, breaded and fried to crispy golden deliciousness!
They are one of the most fantastic meals you can make,
and pair well with a variety of different sides as well.
Dinner or lunchtime, these are always a great option if you want something mouthwatering!
I have also used these as an appetizer,
by slicing and sticking toothpicks in for parties and for Holidays!
Crispy Cordon Bleu Chicken Wraps!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 thin slices of any of your favorite cheese
- 6 thin slices of black forest ham (any ham works)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 TB chopped up chives
- 12 Slices of bacon
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup bread crumbs, preferably Panko (gives it a great crisp!)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- In a Medium Skillet, fry your bacon slices so they are crisp and set aside.
- Now, you will need to wash your chicken breasts and pat them dry.
- Lay the dry pieces in a row out in front of you and take a few pieces of clear plastic wrap and gently pound each so they are all about 1/4 in thickness, careful not to tear it!
- Once they are all pounded out at 1/4 thickness, place a cheese and ham slice on each chicken breast, then top with 2 slices of cooked bacon each.
- Tightly roll each chicken breast over the cheese, bacon and ham, then secure each wrap with toothpicks, if necessary. (i recommend it)
- Take the flour and season well with salt and pepper, to taste in a flat dish. Set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs and chives together in a flat dish. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- In another dish, mix whisk together eggs and water.
- Arrange all 3 dishes next to stove top where the chicken will be frying for easy access.
- In a large saucepan, heat butter and olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Lightly coat each chicken wrap with the flour mixture, then dip into egg mixture.
- Gently coat each roll in the bread crumbs and place in pan to fry.
- Cook each until chicken is browned on all sides and juices run clear.- about 4 minutes. Transfer breasts to serving plate. Remove toothpicks if used.