Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta is packed with juicy chicken, loads of cheese and the most heavenly sun dried tomato garlic cream sauce!
This is an award winning dish that everyone goes crazy over!
The creamy sauce is done from scratch by combining delicious mozzarella and Asiago cheese with sun dried tomatoes, extra garlic and seasonings cream then smothered over top tender cooked chicken and poured over pasta!
If you have been following along with my blog for awhile you will have noticed my love of pasta trend! Be sure to check out my other pasta recipes that have all gone viral!
You can use sausage in this recipe, if you’re not in the mood for chicken, even meatballs or ground beef work well!
Perfectly paired with a side salad and crusty garlic bread for dipping!
Wonderful additions to this dish would be onions or even mushrooms to the sauce!
Easy enough for a weeknight dinner for the family, yet fancy enough to serve to company!
It’s such a satisfying dinner that can be prepped ahead of time (which I love) it’s great for busy weeknights meals!
Its ultra flavorful and tastes incredible the next day for lunch with a side salad!
This super easy skillet dinner is a must-try meal that is sure to please even the pickiest eaters! It is truly a restaurant-quality dinner that’s extremely easy to make in just under 20 minutes!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta!
- 10 oz pasta
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken, sliced in 2 inch pieces
- 5 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 oz sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon adobo (red top)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/ cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese , shredded
- 1/2 cup of asiago cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, onion powder, adobo and paprika and set aside.
- In a large semi deep skillet, add the live oil, garlic, and sundried tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes on low/medium heat.
- Once cooked and slightly browned, remove only the tomatoes and set aside leaving the garlic oil mixture still in the skillet.
- cut up the cooked tomatoes into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Add in the sliced seasoned chicken and cook on high heat for 2 or so minutes on each side then remove and set aside.
- Cook your choice of pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- take the milk, heavy cream, basil, red pepper flakes and broth and add to the skillet along with the mozzarella cheese and the asiago cheese, bring to a light boil, mixing constantly.. .
- Add in the cooked/drained pasta to the sauce, mix until combined
TO MAKE THE SAUCE