Crispy Cheesy Hash Brown Patties are perfectly crispy and filled with melty cheese! They make the most incredible side dish for any occasion!
Trust me, you will not be able to eat just one! These babies are so addictive!
Super simple to make too! You will definitely be adding these to your weekly menu multiple times! They get requested by my family often!
They are insanely delish and are perfect topped with sour cream! I love adding bacon to these for an amazing breakfast that everyone will love you for!
They are perfectly paired with any protein you choose to serve them with! I love making them when my husband makes steaks on our grill!
They even freeze well! I make a whole batch on Sunday night with bacon mixed in and serve them with eggs for all week easy breakfast!
Some people call these patties , some call them fritters– whatever you want to call them, they are scrumptious!
Swap cheeses to change up the flavor! I love colbly jack for more of a kick to the taste!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Crispy Cheesy Hash Browns
- 3 small russet potatoes peeled
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp butter softened
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- oil for frying
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Carefully add the potatoes to the pot and boil for 6 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and rise with cold water until cool enough to handle.
- Grate the potatoes and add the grated potatoes to a medium sized bowl.
- Add the flour, egg, butter, cheese, salt, and pepper to the bowl and mix until everything is well combined.
- Use a greased 1/3 cup measuring cup to portion out the mixture and form into patties with your hands.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the hashbrowns to the skillet in batches, cooking for 3 minutes on each side.
- Add more oil as needed. Transfer the cooked hashbrowns to a paper towel lined plate. Serve hot.