These Decadent Cinnamon Roll Cookies are an insanely delicious way to enjoy cinnamon rolls in a cookie form!
Over the next couple of weeks before Christmas, I’ll be bringing you all a bunch more cookie recipes that are sure to make it onto your baking lists!
These cookies are slice & bake also they aren’t hard to make!
Make sure you allow the logs to chill completely so they are easier to slice & hold their shape while baking!
you will not be able to eat just one, so make sure you make a couple of batches!
they’re super fun to make & taste exactly like a warm, homemade cinnamon roll dripping with icing!
These beautiful cookies are sure to be the star of your cookie platter!
it’ll be hard to stop eating them they’re so mouthwatering!
They’re perfect for cookie exchanges, to give as gifts or even just for a delicious dessert to make with the kids!
there’s nothing better than biting into these warm Decadent Cinnamon Roll Cookies with a big cold glass of milk.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Decadent Cinnamon Roll Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour (plus more for rolling)
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 3-4 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
For the filling:
For the icing:
- In a small bowl, combine all purpose flour, salt, and baking powder and whisk.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and creamy, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Slowly pour the flour mixture into the stand mixer while it is running and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Add more flour if needed.
- Cut a sheet of parchment paper and lay it on a clean work surface.
- Dust with flour and turn cookie dough out onto it.
- Divide in two, placing one half back in the bowl until ready to use.
- Roll out the dough into a large rectangle until it about 1/4 inch thick.
- Brush half of the melted butter onto the dough.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the dough and tightly roll it up.
- Repeat with the second half of dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove plastic wrap from the dough and slice cookies about 1/2 inch thick.
- Lay cookies on the prepared cookie sheet (10-12 cookies per pan) and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly before moving the cookies to a wire cooling rack.
- Allow cookies to cool completely.
- To prepare the icing, beat powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla extract together in a small bowl using a hand mixer.
- Drizzle onto the cookies and serve.