This is the best ever Dill Pickle Potato Egg Salad recipe that is sure to become the only recipe you use from now on!
Sometimes its the simplest recipes that are the best & easiest ones to create!
Its the perfect combination of seasonings and the flavor is superb! Its creamy and rich – sure to please everyone and anyone who tries it!
If you’re like me, you are constantly buying that expensive & not so great potato egg salad combination that is a your local deli, I started making it at home and wouldn’t you know it… its BETTER than the one I was buying!
This Dill Pickle Potato Egg salad is surprisingly delicious with a unique flavor combination of simple ingredients with incredible flavor!
I have perfected this recipe and made it with a slight tangy twist of dill pickles. I know you will love it! The Best taste is when the salad is covered and placed in refrigerator overnight allowing all the flavors to meld together.
If you want to lighten up of the mayo flavor, you can always substitute half the mayo for sour cream (i use ALL mayo) but its all about taste preference! 🙂
Perfect for the upcoming Summertime and wonderful for potlucks, cookouts, church functions or any get together!
This salad makes the perfect side dish that the entire family is sure to love!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Dill Pickle Potato Egg Salad
- 4lbs. medium red potatoes, peeled and halved
- 5 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 cup dill pickles, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large pot, add the potatoes and enough water to cover them by about an inch.
- Bring to a boil and cook about 15 minutes or until fork tender. Drain the potatoes and cool.
- Once cooled enough to handle, cut the potatoes into bite sized chunks and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Chop 4 of the hard boiled eggs, and slice the fifth one.
- Add the chopped eggs, chopped pickles and the chopped onion to the potatoes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, celery seed, salt and pepper.
- Dump this mixture into the bowl with the potatoes and stir gently until everything is coated.
- Top with the sliced egg and a sprinkle of paprika.
- Cover and pop it in the fridge for 2 hours before or overnight before serving.