Southern Tomato Cracker Salad is light and delicious, its sure to be a huge hit this Summer!
Now that warm weather is right around the corner, you will be seeing a bunch of insanely yummy salads of all sorts popping up on my blog!
This salad is a perfect addition to any BBQ or cookout- everyone loves it and its so refreshingly scrumptious as well as ultra easy to make too!
Fresh garden tomatoes really make this salad incredible. You can add in a variety of different ingredients such as cucumbers, avocados or even chopped boiled eggs!
If you’re like me, you adore the fresh taste of a tomato and mayo sandwich (my father was born in the South and I grew up loving those sandwiches he would make me as a little girl!)
Its always best to serve this particular salad immediately as the crackers can get soggy if left to sit too long.
This one is best if served right after you make it type of deal.
You can de-seed the tomatoes but I never do, but definitely an option if you dont mind an extra step!
This salad is very, very good, but it is kinda “ugly” looking salad. So I always slice some tomatoes for the top and some sliced hard boiled egg IF im trying to make it pretty for guests 🙂 Even some simple chives look wonderful.
Perfect for potlucks, cookouts, parties, get togethers or even the weekend BBQ!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Southern Tomato Cracker Salad
- 5 or 6 roma tomatoes
- 1 sleeve saltine OR Ritz crackers
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional additions: Chopped cucumbers, avocado or even a chopped hard boiled egg
- Chop the tomatoes and add to a medium or large sized mixing bowl.
- Stir in the mayonnaise. Thinly slice the green onions and add to the bowl.
- Add in the cheese and mix.
- Break up the crackers coarsely and add to the bowl as well with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Give it all a good stir and serve immediately.