Easter is almost here! Enjoy this impressive and delicious Speckled Egg Easter Cheesecake with your family for dessert after your meal!
Create a gorgeous dessert that looks as good as it tastes with this Easter Cheesecake recipe. It’s a fun, flavorful treat that you can easily prepare and serve as dessert after Easter dinner.
Easter Cheesecake Dessert
If you enjoy digging into a delicious dessert after having Easter dinner with your closest loved ones, ditch the pies and cakes from the store and prepare this incredible Speckled Egg Cheesecake at home using a few ingredients. While combining cream cheese with vanilla extract, sugar, flour, and other ingredients, you can make the creamiest, most flavorful filling.
Why You’ll Love the Easter Cheesecake
- It’s not difficult to prepare this delicious dessert. Even if you thought making a cheesecake from scratch was a challenge, this recipe proves otherwise.
- The cheesecake filling for cakes like this is absolutely delicious. If you love that sweet cream cheese flavor, you’re going to enjoy this cake!
- The speckled technique used to decorate this delicious baked treat is incredible! It makes the cake look even more amazing.
Speckled Egg Cheesecake Ingredients
When preparing such an impressive Easter treat, you’ll need to have the following ingredients:
- Oreo Cookie Crumbs – Use the crumbs of your cookie to prepare a tasty homemade crust.
- Butter – Melt five tablespoons of butter and combine with the cookie crumbs to add flavor while preparing the crust.
- Cream Cheese – You’ll need four eight-ounce packages of softened cream cheese.
- Flour – A small amount of flour helps thicken the texture of the cream cheese, making it more cake-like.
- Vanilla Extract – Add a sweet touch of vanilla using vanilla extract.
- Granulated Sugar – Combine the sugar with your cream cheese, flour, vanilla extract, and other ingredients.
You’re also going to need some salt, heavy whipping cream, eggs, teal food coloring, and black food coloring. When adding toppings to the cake, you can use whipped cream and a few mini Cadbury eggs.
Do I have to use Oreo cookie crumbs?
Not at all. While the recipe calls for Oreo cookies to prepare a delicious crust for your Speckled Egg Cheesecake, you can use any other cookies that you prefer. You might even want to use a different version of the Oreo cookies, such as the golden Oreo cookies or any other flavor they currently have available.
How do I crush the cookies to prepare the crust?
You have two options. You can add the cookies to a food processor to break them into small crumbs to use when preparing your crust. If you don’t have a food processor, you can put your cookies in a sealed Ziploc bag and then roll over them with a rolling pin or heavy can to crush them into tiny pieces.
What can I do if I don’t have black liquid food coloring?
If you don’t have the liquid black food coloring but you have the gel version of it, you can mix it with a teaspoon or so of vodka and clear vanilla extract before using it to prepare the cake with a unique speckled effect.
Do I need to put Cadbury eggs on this cake?
While it’s recommended for the added flavor and color, you don’t have to put these candies on the cheesecake. If you don’t like them or don’t have them, you can skip out on adding them. You can also put other toppings on the cheesecake, such as the pastel-colored M&Ms.
Receipt Notes & Tips
- Be sure to bake your crust for about 10 minutes before adding your cream cheese filling to it and placing it back in the oven to cook the cheesecake.
- When you’re adding your food coloring, make sure to mix until you notice that the color has been distributed evenly throughout the cheesecake.
- If you want to reduce any cracking of your cheesecake, make sure to turn the oven off, open the door a crack, and allow your cheesecake to sit and set for up to 30 minutes. While it’s not a requirement, it’s a good step to take to ensure that your cheesecake will look its best when you’re getting ready to serve it.
More Recipes You Will Love!
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 Tablespoons butter- melted
- 4 8 oz packages cream cheese- softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 2-3 drops teal food color
- Black food color- liquid if you have gel, mix it with about 1 tsp vodka, ever clear, or clear vanilla extract
- Whipped Cream and mini Cadbury eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9” springform pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse Oreo cookies until you get 2 cups of crumbs. Add in salt, and butter and pulse until combined.
- Pour into the bottom of the springform pan and using the back of a spoon, gently press the crumbs to form the crust. Be sure to bring the crumbs about 1 inch up the side.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment (or using an electric hand mixer) cream the cream cheese for 2-3 minutes or until smooth and there are no lumps remaining. Mix in the sugar, flour, and mix until just combined.
- Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- Pour in the heavy cream and start whisking on low speed until combined then slowly increase speed to high for 30 seconds.
- Add in eggs one at a time, fully incorporating after each addition. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Give one final mix to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Add in food coloring at this point and mix until the color is distributed evenly.
- Pour the batter into the baked crust and smooth.
- Bake on 350 for 15 minutes then, without opening the oven door, reduce heat to 200 and bake for an additional 50 minutes.
- Once the 50 minutes is up, turn the heat off and slightly crack the oven door for about 20-30 minutes to allow the cheesecake to slowly cool. (NOTE: this step is not necessary, however it helps reduce cracking)
- Allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Once you are ready to serve, use a food safe paint brush to “speckle” the cheesecake.
- Top with whipped cream and mini Cadbury eggs and serve.