This Easy Chicken & Rice Soup is an amazingly creamy & comforting soup,
that is full of flavor & perfect for a family dinner during the cold winter months!
It’s easy to make and is perfectly paired with a simple salad & a loaf of buttery crusty bread!
It also freezes easily & can be stored in an airtight container for 2 months!
I love freezing individual portions to take out for easy lunches throughout the week!
This delicious soup is also easy to make in the Instant Pot, crock-pot or on the stove top as i have here
Soups are one of my favorite things to cook because they are the ultimate one pot meal! They are easy to make, tastes fantastic & freeze really well!
After many of my different soup recipes, This one was voted a family favorite!
Perfect for an quick & easy weeknight dinner, when you want a mouthwatering meal with minimal effort!
In this recipe I used skinless chicken breast but any type of chicken would work, such as rotisserie!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Easy Chicken & Rice Soup
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced finely
- 3 medium carrots, diced finely
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 5 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 cup white or brown rice
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- Saute onion, carrot, and celery in vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and let cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken breasts, stock and rice and bring to a boil.
- Turn down heat to medium low, cover, and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove chicken breasts and shred before returning back to the pot, along with the evaporated milk.
- Stir to ensure everything is combined and serve.