These Homemade Salted Caramels are perfectly soft & chewy! They are my weakness & are extremely addictive!
If you’ve never made homemade caramel candy before you’ll be pleasantly surprised how easy it actually is!
Make sure you do the soft ball test in cold water to ensure proper setting up of your candy. I use a thermometer as well, but I always use both methods to make sure I get perfect caramels each & every time
I’ve made 8 batches so far this week now. They are sooooo good!
I wrapped them up in little gift boxes & gave them as Christmas gifts.
everyone who has got them loved them!
super easy to make, this recipe is a keeper for sure!
They are insanely addictive! if you’ve never made caramels before, I promise it’s not that difficult!
After i first made them my husband told me i NEEDED TO TAKE THEM OUT OF THE FRIDGE,
I THOUGHT HE NEEDED ME TO MAKE ROOM FOR SOMETHING HE WANTED TO PUT IN THERE, BUT NOPE, HE SAID BECAUSE HE JUST ATE FIVE PIECES AND HES NOT A SWEETS FAN! LOL!
Give the gift of homemade caramels to your loved ones this holiday season!
They’re melt in your mouth delicious & can sweeten any occasion!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Homemade Salted Caramels
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, sliced into 8 pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp. water
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- Grease a 9x5" bread pan with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper, leaving enough overhand on the sides to pull the caramels out later.
- Spray with parchment paper with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine butter and heavy cream in a medium glass bowl and microwave for a minute and 30 seconds.
- Stir and let butter melt.
- Combine water and light corn syrup in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan over medium heat. Add granulated sugar and stir.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cover for 1 minute.
- Remove lid and insert a candy thermometer.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, until candy reaches 320F.
- Pour a small amount of the cream mixture into the candy and stir.
- Continue adding the cream mixture a little bit at a time, stirring after each addition.
- Cook until candy reaches 240F, about 5-10 minutes.
- Pour candy quickly into the prepared pan and let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and let cool for another 3-4 hours.
- To serve, pull caramel out of the pan using the overhanging parchment paper and slice into 1" pieces.