Whipped Shortbread Cookies are melt in your mouth delicious and so simple to make! They only take 4 ingredients too!!
One of the most important things to remember with this specific recipe is you always have to use butter- ONLY butter not margarine!
This is one of my favorite cookies to make for the Holidays! I love switching up the sprinkles colors (if you choose to use) – they are one of the first cookies to fly off my cookie tray!
Check out all my amazing tried and true cookie recipes here on the blog, as well as numerous other mouthwatering desserts and dinner you are sure to love!
You can skip the sprinkles if you want and add icing to the top if you would rather! Both ways are delicious!
They are soft yet chewy – the ultimate cookie with the perfect consistency and outstanding flavor!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Whipped Shortbread Cookies (4 Ingredients)
- 3/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1/4 C powdered sugar
- 2 C flour
- 1/4 C cornstarch
- 3/4 C blue sprinkles
- 1/2 C white snowflake sprinkles
- (sprinkles are optional but pretty!)
- Using a large bowl, beat the butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and cornstarch
- Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the bowl
- Place the cookie dough into the fridge for an hour
- Preheat oven to 300F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out the dough and place into
- the palm of your hand
- Roll into a ball and place onto the cookie sheet
- Take a fork and lightly press into the cookie to create a indent
- Sprinkle some blue sprinkles and snowflakes on top
- Place into the oven and bake for 19-21 minutes or until the tops are set
- Allow to cool before enjoying!