These Frosted Zombie Brownies are ultra easy to make with the kids for Halloween! I have included both the homemade brownie recipe & the easy version as well!
Zombie brownies are a fun and easy way to celebrate Halloween with the kids and a way to make an on theme-dessert with minimal time. This idea was crafted to appeal to busy parents wanting to take Pillsbury box brownies to the next level!
Super simple ingredients make one of the most adorable Halloween party desserts that everyone is going to go crazy over!
I used Wilton Zombie Hands Decorating Kit
– they can be purchased here ->
I love how SPOOKY they look!!
I used an easy brownie box mix for this recipe, but I will be adding my homemade brownie recipe very soon here as well- but you can also search for it here on my blog!
The Zombie kit is super cheap! and worth it if you want some help creating something cute and spooky that will definitely be a hit everywhere you serve them!
I used can frosting for this recipe- to keep it simple but no fear! I also have a homemade chocolate buttercream frosting that I will come back and link here as well, if you want to do them completely homemade and from scratch!
You can also check out my frosting section here on the blog for all homemade icing recipes to use 🙂
How should I store these brownies?
These brownies will keep up to a week stored in an airtight container.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 45 minutes
Cooling Time: 30 minutes
Suggested Servings: 9 Brownies
Use box mix brownies & jar frosting for the EASY version
- 1 box brownies plus required ingredients
- 16 oz chocolate jar of frosting
HOMEMADE BROWNIE Ingredients
- 1/2 cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Homemade Chocolate Buttercream Ingredients
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 16 ounce package confectioners' sugar, sifted
Extra needed ingredients
- 1 Wilton Zombie Hand Decorating Kit
- Green Jimmies Sprinkles
- Make brownies according to box instructions and allow to cool completely before
- Use a spatula to coat the brownies with an even layer of chocolate frosting.
- Spread an even layer of brown sprinkles from the decorating kit across the top of the
- Place nine zombie hands across the brownies. Apply a small amount of pressure pushing
- them into the brownies to secure placement. *
- Place green sprinkles at the base of each zombie hand.
- Cut brownies and serve!
- Preheat oven to 350F and generously grease a 9 x 9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate chips in 30 second increments, stirring between each 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Whisk in brown sugar and eggs until combined.
- Sift in Flour, cocoa, and salt. Stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until set.
- Allow to cool before slicing
HOMEMADE Frosting Directions
- Beat butter and the cocoa powder together in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on low until light and fluffy. Gradually add in the milk and vanilla extract; beat together until smooth.
- Add the sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, until your desired consistency.
- * It may be easier to decide where to place the zombie hands if you cut the brownies into nine
- pieces before this step - especially with kids!
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers
My Incredible RecipesLike @MyIncredibleRecipes today to never miss a recipe.
Recipes From HeavenLike @WeLoveRecipesFromHeaven to join 6 Million others.