Grasshopper Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache is one of the best cheesecake recipes you will ever try- I promise.
Indulge in a creamy, decadent dessert with this recipe for Grasshopper Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache. The traditional taste of the cheesecake pairs well with the chocolate and mint flavor used in this recipe.
What Is Grasshopper Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache?
The Grasshopper Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache takes cheesecake to the next level. It will remind you of some of your favorite mint chocolate treats, such as mint chocolate chip ice cream and Andes mints.
The cheesecake consists of creme de menthe liqueur, mini chocolate chips, and other delicious ingredients that give it such a naturally great taste. It is the perfect dessert to have after dinner. You can bring it with you to special events to impress loved ones with a flavorful treat. Not to mention, this treat is perfect for St Patrick’s Day.
What Ingredients Will I Need to Make the Mint Cheesecake?
You will need quite a few ingredients to make the Grasshopper Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache. There are specific ingredients to use for cheesecake layers, crust, and homemade chocolate ganache.
When preparing the crust of your cheesecake, you will need:
Oreo Cookie Crumbs. Crush Oreo cookies into crumbs. Make sure you have two cups of these cookie crumbs to use when preparing the crust.
Salt. Just a small amount of salt is all you will need when you make your homemade crust.
Butter. Melt your butter down and mix it with the cookie crumbs and salt before preparing the crust.
Once you make the crust, you can focus on preparing the cheesecake filling. The ingredients for the filling include:
Cream Cheese. You will need four packages of cream cheese. Make sure to leave them out and let them get soft before you use them.
Sugar. Use granulated sugar with your cream cheese to give it a sweeter taste.
Crème de Menthe Liqueur. Add ¼ cup of the liqueur to your cream cheese mixture to add a mint taste to it.
Other ingredients to add to your cream cheese mixture include flour, heavy whipping cream, eggs, and mini chocolate chips. You can also use green food coloring, but it is completely optional.
When preparing the chocolate ganache as a finishing touch, you will need semi-sweet chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream that you will combine and melt.
How Do You Make Mint Cheesecake?
While the Grasshopper Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache may look and sound complicated, the steps involved in making it are simple. You will need to set your oven to 350 degrees F and coat a springform pan with non-stick spray.
In the meantime, begin working on your crust. You can quickly prepare the crust by adding your cookies, salt, and butter into a food processor that will chop everything into small crumbs. Pour the crust into the pan and press it down on the bottom of it. Set your pan in the oven and bake the crust for 10 minutes before removing it.
While the crust bakes for 10 minutes, start preparing the filling for your cheesecake. It helps to use a stand mixer to quickly combine the ingredients. You will toss your cream cheese into a mixing bowl, mix for two minutes, and then add your sugar and flour. Add your creme de menthe and mix for another minute.
Add your heavy cream into the bowl and whisk at a low speed. Increase your speed after a minute and add your eggs into the bowl. Keep mixing until you have all your ingredients combined. You can pour the mixture into the pan on top of the Oreo cookie crust. Allow it to bake in your oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees and an additional 50 minutes at 200 degrees.
While baking the cheesecake, prepare the ganache that you will put on top of it. You can heat the heavy cream in your microwave for at least 30 seconds before tossing your chocolate chips into the bowl. Whisk the ingredients and then pour it over your cheesecake as a finishing touch.
How to Store the Grasshopper Cheesecake
Store the Grasshopper Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache in your refrigerator to keep it fresh. It helps to wrap the cheesecake in a layer of plastic wrap and a layer of aluminum foil to keep it protected. If you do not wrap the cheesecake properly, it may begin to dry out, which is the last thing you want.
Can I Freeze the Cheesecake?
You can freeze the cheesecake for up to six months. You can freeze it whole or cut it into individual serving slices. If you cut the cheesecake into individual serving slices, make sure you wrap those slices in plastic wrap before you put them in a large food storage bag. Thaw your cheesecake slices in the refrigerator before eating them.
What to Add on Top of the Cheesecake
Along with the chocolate ganache, you can add dollops of whipped cream on top of your cheesecake. You might also want to add crushed Andes mints or shaved chocolate on top to enhance the appearance of the dessert while giving it even more flavor. If you would like to take it a step further, you can add crushed nuts on top for added texture.
Perfect for St Patrick’s Day
With Saint Patrick’s Day right around the corner, there are a lot of things you can do to celebrate. You can also make this Grasshopper Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache. Not only do kids love this recipe, but so do adults!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Grasshopper Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Set Time: 6 hours to overnight
- 2 cups Oreo Cookie crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 Tablespoons butter- melted
- 4 8 oz packages cream cheese- softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- 1/4 cup crème de menthe liqueur
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 2-3 drops green food color- optional
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a 9” springform pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse oreo cookies until you get 2 cups of crumbs. Add in salt, and butter and pulse until combined.
- Pour into the bottom of the springform pan and using the back of a spoon, gently press the crumbs to form the crust. Be sure to bring the crumbs about 1 inch up the side.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer equipped with a paddle attachment (or using an electric hand mixer) cream the cream cheese for 2-3 minutes or until smooth and there are no lumps remaining. Mix in the sugar, flour and mix until just combined.
- Mix in crème de menthe and mix until smooth.
- Pour in the heavy cream and start whisking on low speed until combined then slowly increase speed to high for 30 seconds.
- Add in eggs one at a time, fully incorporating after each addition. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Give one final mix to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth.
- Bake on 350 for 15 minutes then, without opening the oven door, reduce heat to 200 and bake for an additional 50 minutes.
- Once the 50 minutes is up, turn the heat off and slightly crack the oven door for about 20-30 minutes to allow the cheesecake to slowly cool. (NOTE: this step is not necessary, however it helps reduce cracking)
- Allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the heavy cream for 30 seconds or until hot. Add in the chocolate chips and let sit for 2-3 minutes then whisk until smooth.
- Pour over the set cheesecake and smooth.
- Top with a ring of whipped cream and chopped mint chocolate candy and serve.