Churro Cinnamon Sugar French Toast is insanely delicious, coated in a perfect cinnamon sugar mixture! Then drizzled with a sweet cream cheese icing! This recipe takes regular ole’ french toast to a whole other level of amazing!
Super simple ingredients create one of the best breakfasts you will ever have!
For the bread I used Hawaiian Sweet Sliced Bread (King’s Hawaiian) but you can use any slightly sweet and fluffy bread you like! This is also delicious with challah bread or even sourdough!
If you love churros as much as I do, then this recipe is going to be a huge hit!
The perfect ratio of cinnamon and sugar!
You can top it with caramel , sweet glaze, dulce de leche, chocolate sauce or just as is! I love some whipped cream on mine!
Churros in general are one of the worlds best desserts as it is – I have homemade
ones here on the blog! make sure to check that recipe out too if you want to make the at home! (from scratch of course)
Churros may be a dessert item but here we turned it into a sensational breakfast! They’re slightly crispy on the outside, soft and tender on the inside and they have flavor of beloved churro that no one can resist!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Churro Cinnamon Sugar French Toast with Cream Cheese Icing
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/4Cup brown sugar
- 3 Tsp cinnamon
- 8 Slices of bread
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Cups milk
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 1/2Tsp vanilla extract
- Butter for cooking (around 4 Tbsp)
- 2 tbsp. softened cream cheese
- 1/4 Cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. whole milk
Yield: 8 Slices (around 4 servings)
For the churro cinnamon sugar
For the french toast
For Churro Cream Cheese Icing
- In a shallow bowl combine the sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon until everything is incorporated. Set aside.
- In a big bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla until everything is well combined. set aside as well.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Dip 2 slices of the bread into egg mixture until soaked through,
- add one slice at a time to the skillet and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Remove from the pan and immediately toss into the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place each finished slice on a wire rack to cool and get crisp up while you finish doing the rest of your bread slices.
- In a small bowl whisk the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and whole milk until smooth.
- Drizzle each of the French toast slices with the churro Icing before serving.
Prepare the churro cinnamon sugar:
Prepare the french toast:
Make Churro Icing: