Greek Pasta Salad is a Summer staple at every BBQ, party or get together, packed full of cucumbers, feta cheese, onions and more!
This pasta salad keeps well for any type of get together you have, picnics, potlucks, pool parties… you can make a HUGE batch just to bring to work each day for an easy to eat, no-cook lunch throughout the entire week!
Filled full of fresh ingredients that create the most sensational pasta salad you will every bite into!
There are so many pasta salad variations out there, but this one is easily made from things already in your pantry! Plus, there’s no mayonnaise to worry about in this type of salad, getting all gross sitting out at a picnic or potluck either!
One of the most important steps in making a cold pasta salad is remember to shock the pasta.
If you do not allow the pasta to cool completely (even refrigerating it to get it nice and cold) it will become gummy and soak up all the dressing if you try to mix it while still warm!
Greek pasta salad is an essential summer side dish for dinner or any occasion , even lunch!
Pasta salad keeps well in the fridge for roughly about five days, so it can easily be made in advance!
Now that Summer is right around the corner, I know we will be going to so many family and friends bbq’s and parties – I always love to bring a couple different pasta salads along with me, this one is always one of them!
I always recommend making your pasta salads the day before or even just a few hours beforehand, because the longer it sits over that time, the better it tastes, the flavors have sufficient time to really meld together.
Make sure when cooking your pasta, that you do al dente, you dont want mushy pasta!
After refrigerating the salad overnight, the day I am serving, I add a bit more dressing right before serving. Also, you can interchange lots of ingredients: veggies, cubes of cheese, pepperoni slices or ham cubes or more!
I really love this recipe so much because its fast and easy. I always get a lot of comments on it a gatherings on how pretty it is and how it tastes great!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Greek Pasta Salad
- 16 oz. Rotini noodles
- 1 English cucumber sliced into half circles
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup pitted black olives sliced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whisk all dressing ingredients in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package, drain, and cool.
- In a large bowl, toss cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, olives, bell pepper and parsley.
- Add pasta and dressing and toss to coat evenly.
- Add feta cheese and toss again. Serve immediately or cooled.