Smothered Crack Chicken is a sensational, low carb dinner that not only tastes incredible, but is smothered in all your favorite toppings! Juicy Chicken baked to perfection!
Everyone lately has been trying to low carb, including me! So I have been brainstorming as much as I can to try and come up with delicious recipes that are still packed full of flavor, yet low on the carbs!
My family went crazy over this chicken recipe– it is crazy scrumptious and smothered in everything you love, juicy well- seasoned chicken, cheeses, bacon & scallions.
The word “crack” when used as a recipe term, just means bacon and cheese (in a savory dish as there are a lot of ‘crack’ desserts out there, but we’ll get to that later) and who doesnt love bacon and cheese?!
Easy enough for a weeknight dinner for your family, but still fancy enough to serve to guests!
You can easily turn 4 pieces into double that if you are serving more people, just double the ingredients!
You are definitely going to want to make a double batch of this yummy chicken though, these are one of the dinners that I make frequently that always fly off of my serving platter as soon as my family lays their eyes on them! They go very quickly!
I am a huge fan of very flavorful meats, especially chicken so that is why you see the seasonings, trust me – it makes all the difference in taste. Nothing worse than bland chicken!
This dinner pairs wonderfully with a variety of different sides, depending on if you’re trying to low carb or you just some bomb-ass chicken to eat over pasta- either way its phenomenal!
Some side options if you are low carbing it, would be zoodles, a side salad or some of my newly famous loaded cauliflower salad (be sure to search for that hit recipe here on the blog!) regular sides could be over pasta, with mashed potatoes, or my husbands fav, french fries lol
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Smothered Crack Chicken (Low Carb)
- 8 strips thick cut bacon, diced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1/2 tsp. dried chives
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- chopped fresh parsley
- sliced green scallions
Ranch Cream Cheese:
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Lightly grease a 9x13 baking dish with butter and set aside.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat and add in diced bacon; cook until crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet and set aside. DO NOT discard bacon fat.
- Return skillet to heat and add vegetable oil to the remaining bacon fat.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Add chicken breasts to the hot oil - you may have to do this in batches if skillet isn't big enough - and cook chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Flip over the chicken breasts, add butter, and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts from skillet and arrange in previously prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed, and chives; mix until thoroughly combined. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly. *You can also just stir in 1 tablespoon of store-bought ranch seasoning.
- Top each chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture. Spread to coat the surface of each chicken breast.
- Take half of the bacon and add on top of the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over the chicken breasts.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted and lightly browned then remove from oven.
- Garnish with remaining bacon, fresh parsley, and scallions.