Take that ordinary Italian sandwich to a new level with this fun and flavorful Grinder Sub recipe that’s going crazy on Tik Tok. Easy to prepare and loaded with flavor, you won’t be able to get enough of this amazing sandwich. This is the lunch of your dreams!
Grinder Subs are the perfect meal on a hot day when you don’t feel like spending much time in the kitchen. Made with some of the freshest, finest ingredients, such as Italian loaf bread with provolone cheese, genoa salami, boiled ham, and so much more, once you get a bite out of this sandwich, you’ll keep coming back for more.
When it comes to hot days, I look forward to spending the least amount of time in my kitchen as possible, which is why this recipe for Grinder Subs is one of my absolute favorites. Preparing a combination of deli meats with cheese and flavorful toppings on fresh Italian bread creates something incredible you will love. I like to make these sandwiches for lunch and dinner because they’re super filling and delicious.
This Tiktok grinder has all the goodies packed inside. A seeded roll toasted then topped with cheese and loaded with a variety of meats. What really takes this particular sandwich to a whole other level is the salad. Instead of putting mayo on the bread itself, the lettuce and a few other ingredients are combined to make a crispy, creamy & delicious salad that’s all in one.
It’s easy to make multiple of these grinder sandwiches and serve at a party. The recipe makes extra salad, as you can see above, its SO good, it makes an incredibly delicious dip for chips.
Why You’ll Love This Grinder Sandwich
I could go on for days about the flavor of this sandwich because it’s truly that good. Expect to love it for the following reasons:
- Unique – These Grinder Subs have such a unique and incredibly delicious taste. You simply can’t go wrong!
- Adjustable – You can easily add or remove specific ingredients from this recipe based on what you like and dislike.
- Great Flavor – Enjoy the flavor of the meats with cheese, pepperoncini, red wine vinegar, and so much more. Everything goes great together to create this amazingly flavorful food.
Italian Grinder Ingredients
- Italian Bread – Grab a large loaf of fresh Italian bread to prepare these sub sandwiches.
- Deli Provolone Cheese – The cheese has the most delicious taste and texture, pairing well with the meats.
- Genoa Salami – If you’re a lover of salami, you’ll enjoy how this meat tastes with the other ingredients on the bread.
- Boiled Ham – Get your boiled ham sliced thin to add it to this bread with cheese, salami, and more.
- Garlic – Mince your garlic into small pieces and combine to create a dressing for these subs that is out of this world.
- Red Wine Vinegar – The vinegar adds a special touch and tastes great with the garlic and other dressing ingredients.
- Red Onion – Slice your red onion into some of the thinnest pieces possible before combining it with your shredded iceberg lettuce.
Grinder Subs Variations
Create unique variations of these sub sandwiches by combining different types of deli meats. You can use some of your favorite cuts of meat, such as:
- Black Forest Ham
- Roast Beef
- Turkey Breast
- Chicken Breast
With so many options, you simply can’t go wrong and can create the custom-tailored sub sandwich you’ll love.
These are one of my favorite things to make for lunch, the whole family loves them!
Grinder Salad Sandwich Tips
- You’ve probably seen this grinder before if you watch TikTok. Yep, it’s the sandwich that went viral. If you love how it looks, you can try it out with these ingredients.
- Make sure you’re using thin slices of meat instead of thicker slices because then it will be too much meat and you won’t be able to taste as much of the dressing. I prefer thin-sliced pieces myself.
- If you don’t like provolone, you can replace the cheese with other options, such as American, Mozzarella, Swiss, or even Gruyere cheese.
Grinder Subs FAQs
Do I have to use Italian bread for this recipe?
While you don’t have to, Italian bread is the best choice when preparing subs. Best of all, it’s thick enough to not get soggy when adding the dressing to your meats and cheese.
What other types of Italian meats can I use?
You can use all kinds of Italian meats, such as tavern ham, capicola, or even prosciutto.
Will these subs taste salty?
No! As you can expect, there is a slight saltiness because of the cheese, meats, spices, and dressing. However, it’s not too salty, so you can still enjoy the sub unless you’re on a low-sodium diet.
What should I use if I don’t have a red onion?
You can substitute the red onion for a sweet onion as an alternative.
More Recipes You Will Love!
For the sandwich:
- 16- ounce Italian loaf of bread
- 1/2 pound medium sliced deli provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli boiled ham
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli Sopprasetta
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced deli Genoa salami
- 6 thinly sliced deli pepperoni
For the Grinder Salad:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sliced pepperoncini
- 1/4 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce shredded
- 2 ounces freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 beef steak tomatoes sliced
- drizzle of olive oil
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cut the bread in half and place it on a sheet tray cut side up. Remove most of the inside of the bread leaving about ½ inch of the bread. Add half of the provolone to each side. Place in the oven until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Layer the ham over one half of the sub, and layer the soppressata on the other side.
- Top the ham with the salami. Top the soppressata with the pepperoni.
- Place back in the oven to heat the meats through and toast the bread, for 5 minutes.
- While the sub is baking, make the grinder salad. Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, garlic, pepper, oregano, chili flakes, and salt until combined.
- Add the pepperoncini and red onion, and stir around in the dressing until coated.
- Add the lettuce, and using tongs toss it in the dressing to coat, set aside.
- Sprinkle the sub with ¼ of the parmesan cheese. Add tomato slices. Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add some of the grinder salad. Top with the remaining parmesan cheese.
- Add the top half of the sandwich over the bottom half. I like to press it down gently.
- Cut into wedges and serve with more of the grinder salad on the side with chips for dipping!
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest for more recipes!
Leave A Reply!