Instant Pot Spaghetti is a tried & true recipe that is sure to turn into one of your go-to dinner favorites! Quick, easy and flavorful!
Need to prepare a quick and delicious meal? Spaghetti doesn’t get any easier than when you’re making Instant Pot Spaghetti.
Make a delicious meal with ease when following this Instant Pot Spaghetti recipe. It will save you time and energy while allowing you to make something flavorful and fulfilling for the family.
Do you ever find yourself in a position where you’re in the mood for a homemade meal but you don’t feel like spending too much time in the kitchen? If so, you’re certainly not the only one. After a long day of working or taking care of the kids and handling responsibilities, the last thing you may feel like doing is dirtying a bunch of dishes in the process of making a delicious meal. However, this Instant Pot Spaghetti will save you time, eliminate any frustration, and leave you with flavorful kid-friendly food to serve to the family.
Why You’ll Love the Instant Pot Spaghetti
It tastes amazing. If you enjoy spaghetti with meat in a red sauce, this is the perfect simple recipe for you.
It takes less time to prepare than the traditional version. Who doesn’t love saving time while making homemade meals?
You can add some of your favorite toppings to it, such as shredded mozzarella cheese or parmesan cheese, both of which add more flavor to the spaghetti.
Ingredients Needed for Instant Pot Spaghetti
If you’re ready to make a simple and delicious meal, be sure to have these ingredients:
Spaghetti – Use any brand of spaghetti that you prefer to make this meal. You can use thin, thick, or traditional spaghetti!
Jarred Sauce – Choose your sauce for this dish that will give the pasta and meat an excellent taste. (I also have a Homemade Sauce recipe HERE)
Ground Beef – The ground beef adds both flavor and texture, pairing perfectly with the pasta.
While these are the basics, you’ll also need a few other ingredients, such as garlic powder and parmesan cheese.
Need to purchase a Instant Pot? HERE is the best one.
Want to bake some homemade meatballs while this spaghetti is cooking?
Do I have to use spaghetti noodles for this recipe?
No, you can use other types of pasta, such as fettuccine, angel hair, or anything else that you like. However, take into consideration that the cooking time may be slightly different based on the thickness and overall size of the pasta you’re planning to use.
Can I use something different than ground beef?
Yes, you can use something other than ground beef in this recipe. If you don’t like it or don’t have it on hand, you can use ground turkey or even Italian sausage, both of which taste great with spaghetti sauce and pasta.
What type of sauce should I use for this meal?
Use your favorite brand of spaghetti sauce. Or Click HERE for my Homemade Italian Tomato Sauce Recipe It’s best to use your favorite brand because then you’re going to enjoy the meal even more. It doesn’t matter if it’s a brand name or a generic bottle of sauce. The only thing that matters is that you like the sauce and will enjoy eating your spaghetti with it.
Can I add different seasonings to this dish?
Of course. You can use a blend of some of your favorite seasonings to enhance the taste of your Instant Pot Spaghetti. And, if you’d like to add a slight kick to the dish, feel free to sprinkle some red chili pepper flakes into the sauce that you’re using. Add as much of the pepper flakes as you’d like.
What to Serve with Instant Pot Spaghetti
Garlic Bread – You can’t go wrong with garlic bread. You can purchase Texas Toast garlic bread at the store or you can prepare it at home, applying butter to sliced bread and spreading minced garlic on top of it.
Garlic Knots – Another great food to serve with your spaghetti, garlic knots are full of flavor and easy to dip in the spaghetti sauce!
Side Salad – Of course, you can always serve a side salad with your meal. Buy a bagged salad or prepare your own by combining romaine and iceberg lettuce with shredded carrot, cherry tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and some croutons.
Enjoy this easy, stress-free Instant Pot Spaghetti recipe. It won’t take long for you to prepare the most satisfying meal for your family to enjoy. And, if you end up with any leftovers, you can put them in an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to three days, so you don’t have to worry about wasting food.
Can I freeze it?
Yes you can! for up to 2 months!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Instant Pot Spaghetti
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes (not including pressure build up and release)
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 4
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 - 24 ounce cans of pasta sauce spaghetti sauces Or use my homemade recipe linked below
- 1 - 14.5 ounce can of diced or crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce
- 2 cups of water
- 16 ounces of spaghetti noodles 1 lb
- Optional Garnish: parmesan cheese
- Pour spaghetti sauce, crushed tomatoes, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and sugar into a large bowl and combine. Set this mixture aside.
- Add the olive oil to your instant pot and set the function to saute. Break up the ground beef and add it to the oil. As it browns, use a hard spatula or wooden spoon to stir and break up the meat so that you don’t have any large chunks. Cook the beef completely through. Turn off the saute function.
- Drain excess fat from the pot.
- Make sure that you scrape the bottom of the instant pot well with the wooden spoon. We don’t want any bits stuck there when we pressure cook later.
- Pour the 2 cups of water over the cooked ground beef.
- Break handfuls of the spaghetti in half and place it on top of the water. Criss-cross and spread out the handfuls so that the spaghetti is not in a big clump.
- Then, spoon the spaghetti sauce mixture over the noodles until they are completely covered. We want liquid above and below the spaghetti. Press the spaghetti down a little under the sauce if there is still some uncovered after adding the sauce.
- Do not stir. The sugar from the sauce needs to stay above the bottom of the post while cooking, otherwise it will crystallize and begin to burn.
- Seal the pressure cooker and set the time for 8 minutes on HIGH
- When the cook time is done, use the quick release.
- When the pressure is released, give the spaghetti a thorough stir to mix together all the ingredients. Leave the lid off and allow it to sit for a few minutes before serving so the sauce can thicken.
- Top with grated parmesan cheese of desired