Chocolate Cream Pie has a silky homemade Chocolate filling with a cookie crust & real whipped cream topping, this pie is a chocolate lover’s dream.
Looking for the perfect dessert? Impress your family and friends with this scrumptious Chocolate Cream Pie recipe!
First we make the crust.
Then we make the delicious filling.
When craving a decadent chocolate dessert, look no further than this recipe for Chocolate Cream Pie. Loaded with flavor and topped with a light, fluffy topping, it’s sure to keep you coming back for more slices.
Whether you’re hosting family and friends at your place or simply in the mood for a delicious dessert, this Chocolate Cream Pie recipe doesn’t disappoint. It’s creamy, full of flavor, and perfect for when you need something to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe
Whether you’re skilled at preparing desserts or still new to the process of putting different ingredients together to make something delicious, you can quickly get the hang of this easy, frustration-free recipe. It doesn’t take long to make this dessert, which will have your loved ones quickly telling you they want another slice because it’s just that good. If you want to make something impressive that requires minimal effort, this is the dessert recipe for you.
Why You’ll Love the Chocolate Pie
It tastes amazing and is perfect for chocolate lovers who enjoy eating something with a naturally sweet touch.
It doesn’t take long to prepare. It’s not one of those desserts that will have you in the kitchen wasting a bunch of your time in the process.
You can conveniently keep it in the fridge or freezer to preserve its freshness until you’re ready to serve and enjoy this sweet treat.
Is it better to use a premade or homemade pie crust?
Either option is fine, so it’s more a matter of preference than anything. If you’re preparing the homemade pie crust, you can use the Oreo cookies, crushing them into crumbs using a food processor. And, if you don’t have Oreo cookies, feel free to use any other type of cookie that you do enjoy eating. While I prefer a homemade pie crust, you can save yourself some time and energy by purchasing a pre-made one at the store.
What can I do if I don’t have heavy cream?
If you don’t have any heavy cream, you can make it by combining whole milk with butter. It’s easy to prepare a version of heavy cream using these two ingredients. You also have the option of using half-and-half as a substitute.
What brand of pudding should I use?
You can use any brand of pudding that you like. While I prefer the Jell-O brand, it’s fine to use a generic version of the pudding to create this tasty Chocolate Cream Pie with ease.
You can expect this pie to become thicker when it starts to cool. It might seem a bit runny when you’re first assembling it. However, once you’ve allowed it to sit and chill in the fridge, it will have the perfect consistency.
You can add a whipped topping or your favorite flavor and style of whipped cream on top of this pie for added flavor.
Consider pre-slicing the pie to make it easier to serve when you’re ready. While it’s not a necessity, it comes in handy!
How to Store the Chocolate Cream Pie
After you’ve prepared this pie, you’ll need to stick it in the fridge to let it set. You can keep it in the pie container, covering it with a lid. If you don’t have a lid, place a sheet of plastic wrap or aluminum foil on top of it to keep it protected. Be sure to keep your pie in the fridge to keep it cold and fresh before you serve it.
Extras to Add to Your Pie
Some people like to add extras to the pie to make it taste even better. If you’d like to customize the pie to your liking, feel free to add some of your favorite extras. A few good ingredients worth adding to your pie include chocolate sprinkles, chopped nuts, shredded coconut flakes, or even some sliced fruit, such as strawberries. Of course, you can switch it up and add whatever you feel will taste best with this pie.
Skip the store-bought desserts and serve something homemade and delicious with this easy Chocolate Cream Pie. It’s easy to make, loaded with flavor, and perfect for when you’re hosting family and friends over for dinner and dessert. They’re going to love it.
You’ll be in heaven when you taste this heavenly homemade chocolate Cream pie. It’s as rich and decadent as it looks!
I have a few pie recipes here on my blog that you should definitely check out! They all have rave reviews!!
This is a recipe that you will come back to time and time again because it is the best ever chocolate cream pie recipe you will try! I promise!
Once you have tried the best, you cant go back! forget store bought- you have a 5 star recipe right here!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Chocolate Cream Pie
- 30 Oreo cookies
- 6 Tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups half and half
- 6 large egg yolks
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter (in pieces)
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup heavy cream, very cold
- 3 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Cooling Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hour 40 minutes
Serving Size: 12
Optional Garnish: crushed oreos or chocolate shavings
- Place the Oreo cookies into your food processor and pulse until crumbly. Melt the butter and add it to the cookies. Pulse until this is thoroughly combined.
- Press this crust into a springform pan, covering the bottom and going a little up the sides. You may use the bottom of a glass to press the crumbs down.
- Place the crust in the fridge while you are making the filling.
- In a heavy large saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and cocoa.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the half and half and the egg yolks. Gradually add this mixture to the saucepan, whisking constantly. When this mixture is smooth, turn the heat on to medium high. Whisk constantly as this begins to bubble. Turn the heat down to medium and simmer this mixture for another minute. Make sure you are constantly scraping the bottom and sides.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the butter, chocolate, and vanilla. Stir until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into the chilled crust. Place plastic wrap onto the pie and place in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- While the pie is cooling make the whipped cream.
- Whipped Cream:
- Place the cold heavy cream into a cold standing mixer bowl. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat this until peaks form. Add the cornstarch and continue beating until the peaks are stiff.
- Add the whipped cream to the top of the chilled pie.
To make the filling: