Italian Wedding Soup is the most delicious soup recipe and is from my mother who was born in Italy!
Italian Wedding Soup is a soup that consists of green vegetables and meat. It is popular in the United States, where it is a staple in many Italian restaurants!
With this soup, I use Acini pasta which are just those tiny little round pastas and most supermarkets carry it BUT If you can’t find it, you can substitute it for orzo pasta instead!
You can use escarole, spinach or kale in this recipe– they all taste wonderful but its whichever you’d prefer 🙂
The homemade meatballs in this soup really give it incredible flavor but you can change it up and do sausage too!
Total perfect comfort food at its best, perfect for any time of the year!
Perfectly paired with a side salad or warm crusty bread for dipping!
It freezes beautifully as well, which is always a bonus! It doesnt take much prep work either!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
For the meatballs:
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 2 slices white bread, crumbled finely
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
For the soup:
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced finely
- 2 stalks celery, diced finely
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup acini pasta or other small pasta
- 1 cup escarole, baby spinach OR kale, chopped
- Begin preparing the meatballs by adding all meatball ingredients except olive oil to a large bowl. Knead everything together with your hands. Pinch off small pieces and roll into balls.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Add some of the meatballs to the pan, only as many as will fit without touching, and cook for 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway thru.
- Cook remaining meatballs and set aside.
- In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, heat 1 tbsp. oil and saute onions, carrots, and celery until tender. Stir in minced garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and meatballs, reduce heat to medium, and cover. Cook for about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and let cook until spinach wilts, then season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with parmesan cheese.
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers
My Incredible RecipesLike @MyIncredibleRecipes today to never miss a recipe.
Recipes From HeavenLike @WeLoveRecipesFromHeaven to join 6 Million others.