Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball is the perfect appetizer for any occasion- its simple, delicious and everyone loves it!
I know that everyone loves my jalapeno poppers that I always make for get togethers! I thought this would also be a hit and surely it was!
Next time I’m going to have to make two of these balls, because the first one was gone within the hour with everyone going back for seconds and thirds at our last pool party!
Perfect for an amazing holiday appetizer, pot luck, pool party, girls night or game day!
Try to have your cream cheese soften up a bit before mixing together- it makes for an easier time incorporating all the ingredients.
I usually use my big serving fork to mix all the ingredients together.
I use Clear plastic wrap on the counter, place all my mixture in the center, then shape it into a perfect ball.
Can you make this ahead of time??
Of course! It can be made up to three days in advance! Just reserve the outside toppings for when you are ready to serve it.
I love to serve this with crackers but you could also use chips if you want to dip it in! If you are looking for a low carb option, I have used pork rinds!
Its so easy to make, tons of flavor and you can use different cheeses to switch up the flavors!
I have made mini versions of this cheeseball and served them as little balls and everyone can grab their own– that was also a huge fan favorite!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Jalapeno Popper Cheese Ball
- 2 (8oz.) packages cream cheese, slightly softened
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (reserve 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup Pepper Jack Cheese (reserve 1/4 cup)
- 12 slices Thick Cut bacon, crispy cooked and chopped (reserve half)
- 2 jalapenos, minced (reserve half)
- 4 green onions/chives, chopped (reserve half)
- Beat cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, onion powder, and ground black pepper with a handheld mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Change speed to LOW and mix in 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheeses, half of the bacon, half of the minced jalapeno, and half of the chopped green onions.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small Ziploc bag and store in the fridge.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into a ball shape on a large sheet on plastic wrap on a flat surface. Bring up sides of plastic wrap to cover cheese ball.
- Use the plastic wrap to shape cheese into a ball.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- About 20 minutes before serving, remove the cheese ball from the fridge.
- Spread reserved ingredients onto a large cutting board and unwrap the cheese ball.
- Roll ball in the toppings until completely covered.