This Kahlua Chocolate Layered Cake is an incredibly moist, Kahlua soaked, chocolate cake! It’s frosted and layered with homemade Kahlua Buttercream, then topped with Chocolate Ganache… it is truly an indulgent cake!
Spring is literally one week away and I’m full on excited and baking up a storm!
The Kahlua buttercream on this cake is something out of a storybook- its insanely addictive!
I had my spoon in the mixing bowl quite a few times while making the frosting!
I decided to use chocolate cake when making this layered cake, though you could use vanilla instead, which I intend on trying in my kitchen VERY soon- stay tuned, I might put that up on the blog too 🙂
This indulgent Kahlua cake should be named Sinful. It’s so rich and you will be in heaven eating a slice, The whole family was eagerly awaiting for this cake to be ready! It took every tiny bit of willpower in me to not eat this entire cake!
Its a perfect potluck cake, dessert for the family or wonderful for bake sales, church functions, get togethers or even as a birthday cake! My favorite types of desserts always seem to include some alcohol in them.
This gorgeous layered cake is part of my continuing “Cake Series” here on my blog!
Please be sure to check out all the other beautiful, homemade layered cakes that are sure to impress! From Baileys cheesecake to Dr Pepper cake to Authentic Hershey’s cake.
– stay tuned for more cakes released every couple weeks!
I have an Orange Creamsicle layered cake coming out this week as well as a Chips Ahoy Cookie dough cookie cake and a Mudslide Cake too!
This cake is so crazy good it should come with a warning label! – Dangerously delicious!
Its ultra rich so be warned – dangerously decadent and extremely addictive!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 2 Boxes of triple chocolate cake mix
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/2 C whole milk
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 3 9 inch round cake pans
- 1 10 inch round cake board
Kahlua frosting ingredinets
- 3 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 6 C powder sugar
- 3 tbsp Kahlua
- 3 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 tsp espresso powder
- 3-5 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 large piping bag fitted with a star tip
- 2 containers of chocolate cake sprinkles
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 large squeeze bottle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray cake pans with pam baking spray, set aside
- Using a standing mixer, combine all cake ingredients and mix until combined and smooth
- Divide the batter between the three pans and bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely on the counter
- Using a standing mixer, beat all ingredients until combined, smooth and stiff peaks form
- Scoop about 1 1/2 C frosting into the piping bag and set aside
Chocolate ganache directions
- Using a small pot, heat up the heavy whipping cream until steaming
- While heavy whipping cream is heating up, place chocolate chips into a heat-proof bowl
- Once the heavy whipping cream is heated, pour over the chocolate chips
- Allow to sit for 1 minute before whisking until smooth
- Pour ganache into the squeeze bottle
Building The Cake
- Using the cake leveler cut the domes off the cake and place one cake slice onto the cake round
- Scoop 1 C frosting onto the cake slice and smooth evenly
- Place a second cake slice on top of the first slice
- Scoop another 1 C frosting onto the second cake slice and smooth evenly
- Place the last layer of cake slice on top
- Using remaining frosting, frost entire cake
- Sprinkle chocolate cake sprinkles all over the bottom layer of the cake
- Drizzle the chocolate ganache all down the sides of the cake
- Pipe dollops of frosting around the top of the cake
- Sprinkle chocolate sprinkles
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
Join Our Community of Over 15 Million Followers
My Incredible RecipesLike @MyIncredibleRecipes today to never miss a recipe.
Recipes From HeavenLike @WeLoveRecipesFromHeaven to join 6 Million others.