You can now enjoy Key Lime Pie in COOKIE form with these amazingly soft & chewy delicious Key Lime Pie Cookies that are bursting with real lime!
The Ultimate way to enjoy Key Lime Pie- In cookie form!
THEY’RE IMPOSSIBLE TO RESIST.
I love homemade cookies– I always bake from scratch when it comes to cookies- why not?
Once you try making them at home , you won’t ever want to buy the packaged kind again!
These delicious Key Lime Pie Cookies are the perfect way to switch up your traditional key lime pie! They taste incredible, its like biting into pie in a cookie form- its wild! – the cookie itself is a soft and chewy consistency which tastes incredible with a huge glass of cold milk!
Perfect for dessert, bake sales or even save them for Holiday baking!
Did you know the best way to ensure you get the most juice out of your limes (or lemons) is to make sure you let them reach room temp! I wait till they do, then before cutting into them i roll them around with the palm of my hand on the counter- lightly pushing down prior to cutting- it works!
Not a fan of Lime? Well you can also do this exact recipe using lemons! They are insanely delicious as well and are sure to be a huge hit wherever you serve them!
Cookie TIP Best way to keep cookies from getting too hard? stick a piece of bread into wherever you have them and that helps keep them from getting stale!
Making these mouthwatering Cookies are much easier than making a whole pie!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Key Lime Pie Cookies!
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp key lime zest
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- Zest from a lime to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with a light coating of non stick spray.In a small bowl, add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix together until combined.In another bowl, add the butter and sugar and mix until the texture is smooth and creamy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla, lime juice and zest and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add in the white chocolate chips and fold until mixed in.
- Create cookie dough balls in a tablespoon amount, roll them in your hand and flatten a little.
- The cookies will rise a small amount but they do not spread.
- Place them onto your cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, mine were done in 8. Do not overbake!
- Allow the cookies to cool a few minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Once cooled, mix together the powdered sugar and lime juice to form a glaze. Drizzle teaspoon amount of glaze on each cookie, sprinkle with zest and allow to set so the icing can harden.
To Make Glaze: