If you crave something chocolatey from time to time, consider ditching that box of brownies and go with these decadent Lunch Lady Brownies. They’re fantastic and one recipe you will make over and over again!
If you love the brownies you’d eat as a child while at school, try this brownie recipe. They’re decadent, moist, and delicious, making them the perfect treat to prepare for you and your loved ones.
When you’re in the mood for something chocolatey and sweet, try these Lunch Lady Brownies. They’re easy to prepare, contain simple ingredients, and are as good as you’d expect them to be when taking them out of the oven.
You can enjoy the brownies while they’re hot or wait for them to cool down before serving. It all depends on how you like them. So, if you’re planning to make these brownies, be sure to grab a cup of milk, hot chocolate, or coffee to drink with them. This moist brownies recipe will be a hit anytime you make it.
What Are Lunch Lady Brownies?
Brownie with frosting has a reputation for being some of the moistest and most decadent chocolate brownies you’ll ever taste. These brownies will remind you of the ones your favorite lunch lady served to you while you were in school as a child. If you want to bring back that nostalgic feel while preparing a sweet treat that your children will love, you can’t go wrong with this recipe.
Why You’ll Love These Homemade Brownies
- You’re making these brownies from scratch. Ditch the box and enjoy the fresh flavor of homemade brownies that won’t take long to prepare or bake.
- They’re decadent and delicious. These brownies are sure to satisfy your craving for something chocolatey and sweet.
- You can get your children to lend a helping hand with preparing the ingredients in the mixing bowl and baking the brownies to perfection.
- Feel free to add sprinkles on top of the frosting that you’ll spread over these brownies to add a special touch!
Will I need a lot of ingredients to make these brownies?
No, you won’t need a bunch of ingredients to make the delicious Lunch Lady Brownies. However, you’ll need two sticks of salted butter, unsweetened cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, sugar, and a few other baking essentials. Don’t worry! These are ingredients that you most likely already have at home, especially if you love to bake.
What do I need to have to make the frosting?
When preparing the chocolate frosting for the brownies, you’re going to need a ½ stick of salted butter combined with whole milk, Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder, and confectioners sugar. It’s easy to mix these ingredients together to prepare the most flavorful chocolate frosting that pairs perfectly with these homemade brownies.
When do I add the frosting to the brownies?
It’s fine to spread the frosting on the brownies while they’re still warm. Once you’ve removed the brownies from the oven, set them off to the side for about 15 minutes before you begin adding the frosting on top.
Can I eat these while they’re hot?
It’s best to wait until the brownies cool down completely before you start cutting into them because you don’t want them to fall apart. However, if you’d like to eat them while they’re warm, you can place your brownie in the microwave for a few seconds to quickly heat it before eating it by itself or with your favorite beverage, such as a fresh cup of cold milk.
How long will I need to let these brownies bake in the oven?
The brownies need to bake in the oven for a minimum of 25 minutes and a maximum of 30 minutes. Be sure to check the brownies and use a toothpick to see if they’re cooked all the way through before you remove them from the oven. You don’t want to bake them too long and risk burning them! However, you don’t want to pull the brownies out too soon because then they’re undercooked. This is an easy brownies recipe anyone can follow.
How do I store the Lunch Lady Brownies?
After you’ve prepared the brownies and allowed them to cool down completely, place them in a food storage container with an airtight lid and keep them on the countertop or place them in the fridge, whichever you prefer. You can eat one of these brownies while on the go or serve it with a side of your favorite ice cream, such as vanilla, chocolate, or even coffee ice cream!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Lunch Lady Brownies
- 1 cup 2 sticks salted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Hersey's unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour sifted
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick salted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup Hersey's unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F then line a 9x13in. baking dish with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Add melted butter and cocoa powder to a stand mixer and blend until smooth with the paddle attachment.
- Add in flour and sugar and beat together. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and smooth. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes before frosting.
- Beat together all the frosting ingredients until smooth.
- Spread over warm brownies and let cool completely before cutting and serving.