This is a wonderful spin on an old classic favorite cookie,
they’re melt in your mouth delicious!
My mother made these each year while I was growing up,
I always looked forward to eating them!
MY OTHER RECIPES
MY LATEST VIDEOS
They’re super simple to make, The house smells incredible as they bake up into a soft but chewy perfection!
Perfect for cookie exchanges, or to give out as gifts.
Or just an amazing dessert to bake up with the kids!
There’s nothing better than biting into a warm cookie with a big cold glass of milk to wash it down with.
Let’s just take a moment to acknowledge that these are seriously without a doubt one of the most amazing cookies you’ll ever bite into!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Iced Maple Gingerbread Cookies!
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 C sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 C dark molasses
- 1/3 C sugar plus 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter, melted
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place parchment paper onto cookie sheets
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until creamy
- Beat in the egg and molasses
- Gradually mix in the flour until combined
- Place into the fridge for an hour
- Place the 1/3 C sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out some dough and roll into a ball
- Roll the dough into the sugar and place onto the cookie sheets
- Place 2in apart on the cookie sheets and bake in the oven for 10 minutes
- Using a small bowl, melt the butter and allow to cool for a few minutes
- Mix in the powdered sugar, maple and cinnamon
- Pour into a ziplock bag and cut the tip off
- Drizzle onto the cookies and allow to dry for 30 minutes before enjoying.