This delicious Toasted Marshmallow Frosting is just one of MANY amazing frosting recipes I’ll be bringing to you over the next couple months!
You don’t have to toast the top but I LOVE mine toasted, I think it gives it a beautiful campfire look 🙂
There are two ways that I make this frosting – I will include BOTH below , they both taste INCREDIBLE.
A few weeks ago I brought you all my homemade, 4 ingredient classic buttercream recipe! Be sure to check that one out!
This one, I used a kitchen torch to toast it!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Toasted Marshmallow Frosting! - Only 4 Ingredients!
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 13 ounce jar marshmallow fluff
- 4 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond OR vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
EASY WAY Ingredients:
HARDER WAY Ingredients:
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter and almond extract.
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until creamy
- Beat in the marshmallow fluff and continue to mix until combined, creamy and thick
- Scoop into a container with a sealed lid and place into the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months
- Before using for cupcakes or to frost a cake, allow to thaw to room temperature and beat again to make creamy and thick.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add in the eggs, sugar & cream of tarter.(I used my glass mixing bowl because youre going to need it to be heat SAFE)
- Set the bowl over a semi deep pan filled with a few inches of boiling water.
- Heat while whisking constantly until the egg whites are warmed up (just WARM, not HOT) and the sugar has dissolved completely, roughly 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to your stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment.
- Mix on HIGH, until the frosting is stiff, about 8 minutes.
- Lastly, add in the almond (or vanilla) extract at the very end.
EASY WAY DIRECTIONS
HARDER WAY DIRECTIONS:
Recommended to use immediately for best results.