These Margarita Jello Shots are everyones favorite!
Not only are they adorable but they taste INCREDIBLE!
Very easy to make and not to mention fun too!
You can either salt or sugar the rim, depending on your own personal taste.
I know most people love salted rims but I still love my sugared rim!
I usually do half of each for everyone at parties!
Perfect for get togethers, pot lucks, parties or girls night!
You could definitely do strawberry jello in this recipe if you want strawberry margarita jello shots!
No matter what occasion you make them for, they are gone…FAST.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Margarita Jello Shots!
- 12 (2.25 oz) plastic soufflé cups with lids
- 3 oz box lime OR Strawberry JELL-O gelatin
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1/2 cup silver tequila - chilled
- 1/4 cup triple sec - chilled
- Margarita salt, for garnish
- 2 limes cut into 12 wedges total, for garnish
Yields: 1 dozen (2.25 oz) Jell-O shots
- Add 2 Tablespoons of lime juice to a shallow bowl. Add margarita salt to small plate.
- Dip the rim of each soufflé cup into the lime juice. Immediately place each rim in the margarita salt to salt the rims. Place the salted cups on a large plate or baking sheet.
- Add the powdered lime gelatin mix to a large mixing bowl. Pour in the boiling water and whisk until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Mix in the chilled tequila and triple sec.
- Pour the margarita jello mixture into the soufflé cups and chill overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Before serving, insert lime wedges on the rim of each JELL-O shot and ENJOY!!