Holiday Chocolate Haystacks make an adorable no bake dessert & only take a few simple ingredients!
I love making these for Christmas and using my festive M&Ms but you can always make them for ANY occasion!
You can swap the nuts for your favorite kind– sometimes i use peanuts!
I love chow mein noodles on their own so when I use them in a dessert, seriously they are amazing!
These babies will be the star of any cookie platter!
They are a beautiful dessert and they take minimal effort to make (LOVE)
There really are so many different ways to make haystacks, you can sub out the chow mein noodles for golden Graham’s cereal, rice crispies, pretzels or potato sticks for a sweet/salty mix! So many other variations to try!
Everyone loves them and asks for the recipe!
So easy to make and no baking needed is always a plus in my book!
If you don’t like nutella feel free to leave it out, they set up just fine without it 🙂
You can never go wrong with these! Easy to make and delicious!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Holiday Haystack Ting-a-Lings!
- 12 oz can chow mein noodles
- 11 oz bag semi sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Nutella hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts - chopped (OR any nut of your choosing)
- 1/2 cup red and green M&M candies (mini or regular)
Yields: 1 1/2 dozen
- Pour the chow mein noodles into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add the chocolate chips to a double boiler pan and melt over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add the Nutella spread and stir to combine.
- Pour on top of the noodles and gently toss to coat.
- Add the hazelnuts and toss to distribute.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. Drop the haystacks by the tablespoon on the lined sheet.
- Before the chocolate hardens, sprinkle each haystack with red and green M&M candies. I used mini M&M’s but regular size candies would work too.
- Place in the refrigerator for about an hour to allow the chocolate to completely harden.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 30 days.