This insanely delicious recipe uses an ingredient you’d never expect…
These few simple ingredients make one heck of a holiday treat!
It’s basically salted crackers coated with caramel as the base and topped with chocolate!
Salty and sweet together is one of my favorite combinations, what’s not to love?
You spread the chocolate evenly after you’ve poured the caramel topping over the crackers.
I broke up the pretzels but you can definitely keep them whole!
After they’ve cooled, use a knife to slice them into squares,
Or you can break them in any way you prefer!
It takes only a few minutes to prepare and the final result is, Salty, Sweet, Pretzel Coated, Pecan Topped,
a chocolate covered treat that is nearly impossible to stop eating.
A few days ago I made caramel pretzel crack and everyone went crazy over it, So I had to bring you all another before Christmas arrives!
It makes a perfect sweet appetizer that is highly addictive!
One of the first things to get eaten at any get together.
I got fancy and added pecans, but you can use any of your favorite nuts of course!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Pecan Pretzel Crack!
- 35-40 Saltine Crackers (or ritz)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 2 Sticks Salted Butter
- 2 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Chopped Pretzels
- ½ Cup Chopped Pecans (or any other nut of your choice)
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a 11x15 cookie sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the saltine crackers in rows until the pan is filled and set aside.
- Over medium to low heat, melt butter and brown sugar in a saucepan until combined. Once melted and combined, bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Make sure to stir constantly so the toffee doesn’t burn.
- Pour mixture over the saltine crackers and spread with a knife. It’s okay if the crackers are not all covered with the mixture, they will get covered in the oven. Place in oven and bake for 6-7 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- While that is cooling, melt the chocolate chips. Place chips in a glass bowl and stick in microwave for 30 seconds. Take out, stir, and place back in microwave for another 45 seconds. Stir well and pour the chocolate over the caramel saltines, spread with a knife or spatula.
- Immediately sprinkle the chopped pretzels and pecans over the melted chocolate. Stick in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes or until harden.
- Cut into squares and Enjoy!!