This Original Christmas Crack Recipe is one that has been around for a long time because its SO addictive and crazy delicious!
This is one dessert thats not only easy but also so pretty and festive!
The base of this recipe is saltine crackers, it gives a nice salt taste to the sweetness of the chocolate!
Its a little salty, perfectly crunchy, chocolate covered dessert that’s literally impossible to stop eating!
You can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate or even white chocolate
– all are delicious!
You can even switch up the m & m’s for nuts, such as peanuts, cashews or pecans for different varieties that will all be equally scrumptious!
I have a few other versions of crack- be sure to check out my viral Pretzel Crack and my pecan crack!
Its not only simple to make, but it only takes a few minutes to prepare!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Original Christmas Crack!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 9-12 saltine crackers
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- M & Ms for topping
- Preheat your oven to 325F
- Line a baking tray or casserole dish with parchment paper and lay down a single layer of the saltine crackers. You may need to break a few to fill in gaps.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Allow the mixture to melt and blend completely before removing from heat. (You can stir it but it won't burn if you don't.)
- Immediately pour the melted caramel over the crackers in an even layer.
- Place the crackers in the oven for 10 minutes, until the caramel is completely absorbed and the crackers have taken on a glossy, hard caramel appearance.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the hot crackers and let melt. Spread with an offset spatula and immediately sprinkle on M&Ms to allow them to stick to the chocolate.
- Place in fridge and let set.