Pistachio Lush Dessert is an incredibly easy dessert that is perfect for potlucks or even holidays! Its light & fluffy with an amazing cheesecake layer that makes it insanely delicious!
Needing something tasty for dessert? This fabulous Pistachio Lush Dessert recipe is exactly what you’ve been looking for with its perfect layers of delicious cheesecake, creamy pudding, and whipped topping are impossible to resist!
Enjoy a sweet, easy-to-prepare treat with this fun and flavorful Pistachio Lush Dessert recipe. You can make it in no time and serve it fresh as the perfect dessert after dinner!
When you want to make an easy and delicious dessert, be sure to try this Pistachio Lush recipe. It’s a layered pudding dish that you can easily assemble and enjoy. While it’s the perfect summer sweet treat, you can eat this at any time throughout the year because it’s just that good.
Pistachio Lush Dessert
If you’re looking for delicious Desserts with Pistachio Pudding, look no further than this simple, stress-free recipe. Made with flavorful ingredients, including a packet of pudding, heavy cream, vanilla extract, graham cracker crumbs, and other fresh ingredients, you can prepare this impressive sweet treat and enjoy it with family and friends. It has a unique taste to it that sets it apart from other desserts, making it an excellent choice the next time you have a sweet tooth and are craving something delicious.
Why You’ll Love This Layered Pudding Dessert
It’s easy to make this dessert. You don’t need baking skills to prepare the Pistachio Lush treat.
The dessert tastes amazing! If you want something different from typical vanilla or chocolate desserts, this is a must.
There are layers to this dessert that make it even better, from the cheesecake taste to the pistachio pudding and the crunch of the pistachios added on top.
Do I have to use Cool Whip on top of this dessert?
While you don’t have to add the Cool Whip on top of this dessert, it adds a light, fluffy, and flavorful touch to the homemade dessert. If you don’t want to use Cool Whip, you can omit it from the recipe or replace it with something else, such as Reddi Whip.
What can I use as a substitute for sour cream?
If you don’t have sour cream, you can always use plain yogurt as a substitute for it in this recipe. It has a similar taste and texture, so it works well in this Pistachio Lush Dessert to give it that incredible taste and texture.
What type of texture does this treat have?
The crust of the dessert has the perfect flaky texture with a slight crunch. It’s full of flavor and is easy to bite into when you’re enjoying this treat. The rest of the lush dessert has a light and creamy texture that melts in your mouth with each bite. If you’re looking for something soft, sweet, and fulfilling, this is the perfect treat to prepare.
Recipe Notes & Tips
You can crush your graham crackers into pieces by placing them in a food processor or you can buy graham cracker crumbs, whichever you prefer.
If you don’t have granulated white sugar, you can replace it with light brown sugar. It may slightly alter the overall taste of this dessert, but the sweet treat will still taste amazing.
You can make several variations of this dessert using different flavors of pudding, such as vanilla, butterscotch, and even cheesecake pudding.
How long does it take to make this dessert?
It only takes around 15-20 minutes to assemble the dessert. However, you’re going to need to let it chill in the fridge for up to five hours before serving. It tastes best when it’s cold. You can also make it in advance for special occasions, such as birthday parties and family gatherings.
How much Cool Whip do I need to add to this dish?
You can add as much Cool Whip as you’d like to the top of this dessert. If you’re a fan of the sweet topping, you can spread a heavy layer on top. It will taste great with the creamy dessert filling and the crisp crust.
Brown sugar – Regular granulated sugar can be used instead with only a slight flavor difference.
Sour cream – Plain yogurt can be used instead.
The easiest way to make the graham cracker crumbs is to put graham cracker pieces into a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
When making the cheesecake, be sure to beat the cream cheese well at the beginning to ensure that it is smooth. If, when the cheesecake batter is complete, you still have lumps, simply press them against the side of the bowl using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
Use as little or as much cool whip as you desire.
This dessert is incredibly easy to put together and extremely delicious.
Storage: Lush may be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
How to Store the Dessert
When storing the dessert to save it for later, be sure to put it in an airtight food storage container and put it in the fridge. You need to keep it in the fridge to keep it fresh. Once you’ve prepared this treat and have it stored in the fridge, it should stay fresh for up to five days, giving you plenty of time to grab a slice of it and enjoy it!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Pistachio Lush Dessert
Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 15 minutes
Chill time: 5 hours
Servings: 9x13 Pan
- 3 ½ c crushed graham crackers
- ? c brown sugar
- 1 c butter melted
- 16 oz cream cheese
- ½ c sugar
- ½ c heavy cream
- 2 Tbs sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
Pistachio pudding layer:
- 2 boxes of pistachio pudding
- 4 c milk
- 16 oz tub cool whip
- Crushed pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 350 F & Spray a 9x13 pan with baking spray.
To make the crust
- whisk the graham crackers and brown sugar together in a medium sized bowl.
- Add in the butter and stir until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan in a smooth layer.
- Place the pan into the preheated oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and place onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
To make the cheesecake layer
- place the cream cheese and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Beat together on high speed for 2 minutes to ensure the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Scrape the sides down intermittently.
- Add in the heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla, lime juice and salt and beat together for 1 minute or until fully combined.
- Lastly, add in the cornstarch and beat together until incorporated.
- Once the crust has cooled completely, spread the cheesecake batter into the pan in an even layer. Cover the pan and place it into the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Once the cheesecake layer has chilled, remove the cover from the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the pistachio pudding and milk for 2 minutes or until soft set. Pour the pudding into the pan, over the cheesecake layer. Smooth out. Cover the pan back up and place it into the fridge to chill for 4 hours or until the pudding is completely set.
- Once the pudding layer has set, remove the cover from the pan.
- Spread the cool whip over the pudding layer.
- Sprinkle with a layer of crushed pistachio pieces. Slice and serve chilled.