Dessert doesn’t get any better than this Strawberry Whipped Cream Cake recipe! Made from scratch with a perfect homemade fluffy whipped cream frosting. It’s just the right sweetness and so good too!
Prepare a tasty Whipped Cream Strawberry Cake from scratch. It’s full of flavor with hints of strawberry extract, fresh fruit slices, and a creamy whipped topping made with cream cheese.
Test out your baking skills in the kitchen and give this Whipped Cream Strawberry Cake a try. It’s a light, flavorful dessert with an added sweet touch from the homemade frosting you can apply on top of it.
Strawberry Whipped Cream Cake
The Whipped Cream Strawberry Cake is one of those cakes you won’t be able to resist from the minute it’s ready to eat! When you follow this recipe, you’ll have enough cake to serve 12 people, making it the perfect treat to prepare for special occasions, such as wedding anniversaries and birthday parties. Of course, you can always choose to prepare this sweet treat to enjoy after dinner with the family!
Why You’ll Love This Strawberry and Cream Cake
It’s the perfect treat for anyone who loves strawberries because the cake itself has a hint of strawberry, along with the delicious strawberry jelly added to it.
It’s not hard to prepare this cake from scratch.
You can make this sweet treat for special occasions, including birthday parties and anniversaries!
Ingredients for the Strawberry Cake Cream
Flour – Always start with flour as the batter for your cake.
Baking Powder – Use baking powder to ensure that your cake comes out with the perfect texture.
Sugar – Add a sweeter taste to your cake using white granulated sugar.
Sour Cream – Using a bit of sour cream adds both flavor and texture to this fresh-baked cake.
Vanilla – You can’t forget the vanilla. It improves the taste of the cake.
Strawberry Extract – Add notes of strawberry flavoring to your cake with a bit of strawberry extract.
Along with these ingredients, you need salt, baking soda, vegetable oil, melted butter, egg whites, heavy cream, and milk to prepare the cake. Once you’ve prepared the cake, you’ll also need strawberry jelly for the filling and ingredients for your frosting, such as powdered sugar, cream cheese, more vanilla, salt, and heavy cream. Be sure to have some fresh strawberry slices to add to your cake, too!
This is one of those incredibly moist cakes. It has such a light texture with a great taste between the hint of strawberry, fluffy cream, and fresh strawberry slices added to the cake.
Can I use sugar-free strawberry jelly?
If you prefer to use sugar-free products, it’s fine to use sugar-free strawberry jelly in this recipe. However, make sure you’re warming it up a bit before you use it!
What type of cream cheese do I need to use for the frosting?
Be sure to use full-fat cream cheese to ensure that your frosting turns out perfectly. It doesn’t matter the brand of cream cheese, as long as you have eight ounces of it to use to prepare the frosting by combining it with other ingredients, including heavy cream, vanilla, salt, and powdered sugar.
Can I add fresh strawberries to the jelly filling?
Of course. If you’d like to pack in even more strawberries, rinse some fresh strawberries under the sink and then dice them into small pieces before mixing them in with your jelly and using that as the filling for this light and fluffy sweet cake.
Recipe Notes & Tips
You may think that assembling the cake is difficult, but don’t worry about making it perfect. The purpose of this cake is to have a rustic appearance while tasting good, so don’t overthink it.
Feel free to use cake strips to ensure that your cake rises evenly and provides you with a flat surface for applying your frosting.
When you’re combining your ingredients to make the cake batter, be sure to avoid overmixing. If you overmix, the gluten can overdevelop more than you’d like, leaving you with a crumbly cake.
Prepare this Whipped Cream Strawberry Cake and leave a lasting impression on your loved ones because of its amazing flavor. While it takes a bit of time, including an hour of preparing your ingredients and an additional 28 minutes of baking time, this recipe is worth it. You’ll have enough cake to serve up to 12 people with a sweet slice of it!
Melted butter – Vegetable oil can be used instead.
Sour cream – Plain yogurt may be used instead.
1. Do not overmix the cake batter once the flour has been added as this will cause the gluten to over develop which can result in a rubbery or crumbly cake. Cake strips are a great tool for making cakes rise as evenly as possible with a flat surface.
2. When assembling the cake, do not worry about making it look perfect. This cake is a little rustic so it’s ok if it is imperfect.
What is the texture of this strawberry cake?
Moist, bouncy layers of yellow cake are ultra moist & lightly flavored with strawberry and topped with a soft, smooth and fluffy cream cheese whipped cream frosting, strawberry jelly and fresh strawberry slices.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Strawberry Whipped Cream Cake
Prep time: 1 hour
Bake time: 28 minutes
Servings: 12 slices
- 2 ½ c flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ c sugar
- 1/3 c vegetable oil
- 3 Tbs melted butter
- 4 egg whites
- ¾ c heavy cream
- ½ c sour cream
- 2 Tbs milk
- 1 ½ tsp strawberry extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ c powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 2/3 c heavy cream
- 4 c sliced strawberries
- 1/3 c sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 c strawberry jelly slightly warmed
- Preheat the oven to 350F& Line the bottom of 2-9” cake pans with parchment paper and spray with baking spray.
To make the cake batter
- start by whisking the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a medium sized bowl. Set aside. In a separate, large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, vegetable oil and melted butter until well combined.
- Add in the egg whites and whisk well.
- Next, whisk in the heavy cream, sour cream, milk, strawberry extract and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Divide the batter into the prepared cake pans.
- Place the pans into the oven to bake for 28 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean or with slightly moist crumbs.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and place onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
To make the frosting
- place the powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla and salt into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment.
- Beat together on high speed for 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the mixture to a separate bowl.
- Place the heavy cream into the stand mixer bowl.
- Use a whisk attachment to whip the heavy cream on high speed for about 4 minutes or until stiff peaks have formed.
- Fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream until combined and smooth.
For the strawberries
- simply mix the sliced strawberries, sugar and lemon juice together in a medium sized bowl and let set for a few minutes.
To assemble the cake
- place one cake layer onto a cake stand.
- Spoon half of the frosting onto the cake layer and spread to the edges.
- Top with half of the strawberry jelly then half of the strawberry slices.
- Place the second cake layer on top.
- Top with the remaining frosting, strawberry jelly and sliced strawberries.
- Slice and serve immediately.