My Pumpkin Cake Roll is stuffed with the most heavenly Cream Cheese Frosting Filling – it will be the hit of all of your Fall Baking!
Its made from scratch- even the frosting. Its ultra easy and the taste is out of this world delicious!
This is a homemade, classic recipe that you will come back to time and time again when the baking season rolls around!
This is perfect for bake sales, pot lucks, or a wonderful family dessert that the whole family will love!
I love having a slice in the morning with my coffee! Makes one heck of an incredible breakfast, thats for sure 🙂
You can even make it in advance! it freezes well too! Which is always awesome with any recipe in my book!
Want to add some even better flavors into your cake roll? Add preserves!
I always slice the ends off, a small slice, just before serving to really show all these beautiful swirls and it makes its presentation so much prettier too!
it’s surprisingly easy to make
Don’t want it to break apart as you try to roll it up? Check out here to roll it properly! -> How To Roll a Cake Roll
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1(8oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tbsp. salted butter, softened
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, beat eggs for 5 minutes and add sugar.
- Add pumpkin puree and lemon juice and stir until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and salt together until blended.
- Fold in wet mixture until just blended.
- Spread batter in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Turn baked cake onto a clean dish towel lined with confectioners sugar.
- Sprinkle it with more sugar and gently roll the cake.
- Allow to cool completely. In a bowl, beat sugar, cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until smooth. Gently unroll cake and spread frosting evenly across the cake.
- Roll up again and allow to chill for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.