This Independence Day, celebrate with a Red, White & Blue ice cream! It only takes 4 simple ingredients! Featuring layers of red, white, and blue ice cream, this patriotic treat is perfect for any Fourth of July celebration.
It’s the Fourth of July, and that means one thing: time for some Red, White & Blue Ice Cream! This recipe is simple to make and perfect for a patriotic party. If you’re struggling with what to make, then this recipe could be just what you’re looking for. Skip the store-bought ice cream and make your own this year.
Festive Red White Blue Ice Cream
Are you looking for a recipe that is festive, yet simple? This red, white & blue ice cream is perfect for any holiday that celebrates the USA. Keep in mind that you can also follow this recipe, but switch up the colors of the food coloring. This means that you can custom make ice cream for any party. This truth is though, this ice cream is much better than anything you can buy at the store, so don’t miss out on making it!
Super Simple to put together and creates the most beautiful and edible ice cream you will ever have for the 4th of July!
Ingredients in Fourth of July Ice Cream
This ice cream is a favorite in any household because it doesn’t take many ingredients at all. If you look at the back of a store bought ice cream package there are always tons of random ingredients. Check out this list of ingredients and you’ll see they are super simple!
Heavy whipping cream – This is what gives the ice cream its rich and creamy texture.
- Condensed milk – You’ll need both sweetened condensed milk for this recipe.
- Pure vanilla extract – Vanilla extract always adds the perfect level of sweetness!
- Red food coloring – You’ll need a gel or liquid food coloring for this recipe.
- Blue food coloring – Along with red food coloring, you’ll also need blue food coloring.
How to Make Fourth of July Ice Cream
This recipe is so simple to make, you’ll be done in no time! Start by whipping the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Then, add in the condensed milk and vanilla extract. Stir until everything is well combined.
- Next, add in a few drops of red food coloring and blue food coloring. Stir until the desired color is reached. If you want a more vibrant color, add in more food coloring.
- Once the desired color is reached, pour the mixture into scoop the ice cream into a 9×5” loaf pan.
- Place the ice cream into the freezer and let it freeze overnight.
Enjoy your red, white & blue ice cream! This recipe is perfect for any patriotic party or holiday.
Tips and Tricks for Making Red White and Blue Ice Cream
One of the best things about this recipe is that it’s so versatile. You can easily make it your own by adding in your favorite mix-ins or toppings. Get creative and have fun with it!
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
Add some chopped-up strawberries or raspberries for a fruity twist.
- For a little extra sweetness, top with some whipped cream and a cherry on top.
If you’re feeling adventurous, try adding in a handful of sprinkles for an extra festive touch.
The sky’s the limit when it comes to this recipe, so have fun with it and make it your own!
Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes, this recipe can be made ahead of time. Simply store it in the freezer in an airtight container and it will be good for up to 2 months.
How do I thicken my ice cream?
If your ice cream is too thin, then you can add in a little bit of heavy cream or condensed milk to help thicken it up.
My ice cream is too sweet, what can I do?
If your ice cream is too sweet, then you can add in a little bit of extra cream to help balance out the sweetness.
What Can You Serve with This Red, White & Blue Ice Cream?
This recipe is perfect for any patriotic party or holiday. Serve it with some freshly baked cookies or a slice of cake. It would also be delicious served with a fruit salad or a platter of fresh berries.
No matter how you choose to serve it, this recipe is sure to be a hit! There is only one thing left to do and that’s to enjoy this homemade ice cream!
I have about 15 more homemade ice cream recipes coming soon here to the blog, be sure to check back this month!
Be sure to keep your heavy whipping cream in the fridge when not using it. Otherwise it may not arrive at the consistency needed.
A tip for ensuring that your heavy whipping cream is nice and fluffy is to whip it in a chilled bowl.
This exact recipe added 7 drops of blue food coloring and 13 drops of red food coloring. More red will need to be added to reach a deeper shade of red, to not appear pink.
It’s extremely important for this recipe that the heavy whipping cream is fully whipped. If it’s not, the mixture won’t be thick enough and the colors will bleed together inside the loaf pan.
Top this ice cream with 4th of July sprinkles to emphasize your red, white & blue theme even more!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST BY CLICKING HERE <——
Red White & Blue Ice Cream
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Chill Time: 6+ hours
Servings: 4-5 cups
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz can of condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Red food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the condensed milk and vanilla extract. Mix well with a fork or small whisk until the vanilla is fully incorporated. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, whip your cream heavily for 4 minutes or until the cream reaches a fluffy, softened-butter type consistency.
- When your cream is fully whipped, fold in your condensed milk mixture.
- Mix on light for about a minute or until your mixture is fully combined. It should still be pretty thick.
- Pour about ? of your ice cream mixture into a separate mixing bowl. And repeat with another 1/3 of your ice cream mixture. This will give you 3 mixtures, more or less evenly poured.
- In one of your mixtures, add 5-7 drops of blue food coloring and mix well using a hand whisk.
- If a deeper shade of blue is desired, add 1-2 drops while whisking at a time until desired shade is reached.
- In another mixing bowl, repeat this process with the red food coloring.
- Using three separate serving spoons, scoop the ice cream into a 9x5” loaf pan. Repeat this, alternating colors, until all three bowls are empty.
- Place ice cream inside the freezer to let it freeze for 6 hour or overnight.
- When chill time is complete, remove from the freezer and serve ice cream with a waffle cone or bowl.
- Add fixings of cherries, whipped cream, sprinkles, chocolate sauce and any other toppings you wish!
Did you make this recipe?
Make sure to follow on Pinterest for more recipes!
Leave A Reply!