You’ve had a frosty from Wendy’s before, but have you ever had a Copycat Wendy’s Frosty? You can make this sweet frozen treat right at home! Best part? Its only 5 simple ingredients!
If you’ve always been a fan of Wendy’s frozen treats, be sure to try this delicious Wendy’s Frosty Recipe. It’s easy to make and full of flavor!
Homemade Frosty Recipe
How often have you visited Wendy’s to grab a frosty? If it’s the kind of frozen treat you like to order with your burger, nuggets, or fries, you’ll be glad that you know how to make it at home with minimal ingredients. Rather than spending money all week long by making trips to Wendy’s for these frozen goodies, make more than enough of it at home and keep it stored in your freezer so that you’ll have access to it as often as you want it!
Why You’ll Love this Frosty Recipe
It’s so easy to make with minimal ingredients. You won’t need much to prepare this Wendy’s Frosty Recipe.
- You can customize this sweet, cold treat to your liking, adding all kinds of ingredients that you enjoy to the mixture.
Not only will kids love this recipe, but so will you! If you’re always grabbing a frosty when you visit Wendy’s, be sure to follow this recipe to make it at home.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make a Wendys Frosty
If you want to know how to make a Wendy’s Frosty, be sure to have these ingredients:
- Chocolate Milk – Use your favorite brand of chocolate milk for this sweet frozen treat.
- Nesquik Powder – Combine your chocolate milk with a bit of the Nesquik chocolate powder.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – Add a sweeter, more flavorful touch to your frozen treat with sweetened condensed milk.
Whipped Topping – Grab an 8-ounce container of whipped topping to combine with your other ingredients.
You’ll also need a bit of vanilla extract to enhance the flavor of this frozen treat just a bit.
What brand of chocolate milk should I use for this recipe?
You can use any brand of chocolate milk. You can even prepare your chocolate milk by combining your milk of choice with sweetened cocoa powder.
How can I combine these ingredients to make the frosty?
The best way to make the frosty is to combine your ingredients into a blender, mixing well until it reaches your desired consistency. Some people prefer a thicker mixture, while others like a thinner milkshake-style consistency that is even easier to drink.
How long will it take to freeze the frosty mixture?
The length of time it takes to get your treat frozen will depend on the texture that you prefer. For example, if you like it better when it’s more solid than anything, you’ll need to let this mixture sit for about six hours in the freezer. However, if you like a slushier version of the frosty, four hours is more than enough time.
Can I toss everything into the blender at once?
No, you’ll need to make two separate batches. The blender can only hold so much liquid, so you’ll need to make one batch at a time.
This recipe is DELICIOUS!! Most recipes for a copycat Wendy’s frosty call for fewer ingredients, but I
found this combination of ingredients is dead on to Wendy’s. I even had one from the restaurant
to compare and everyone was blown away at how close they were.
You can half this recipe if you want to make less or double it if you want to make even more. Whether you’re making less or more, the recipe will still turn out perfectly.
- While this recipe requires a few extra ingredients compared to the ones you’ll find elsewhere, it’s worth using the extra components because this copycat version tastes exactly like what you’d get while ordering food at Wendy’s.
You can swap out whipped topping for homemade whipped cream, depending on what you prefer. If you decide to use fresh whipped cream, fold it into your mixture instead of adding it to the blender with your milk and other ingredients.
How to Freeze
Place your mixture into a 9×13 baking dish and then place it in the freezer. You’ll need to scrape the mixture every 30 minutes or so to remove any ice crystals. Allow your mixture to sit for a minimum of four hours and up to six hours, depending on the consistency that you prefer. Once it’s ready, you can serve it and enjoy it! Place a cover over your dish and place it back in the freezer to keep it fresh until you’re ready to have more of it.
Enjoy the delicious flavor of this Wendy’s Frosty made right in the comfort of your own kitchen! It’s easy to prepare with only a few ingredients that you might already have at home.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 1/2 gallon chocolate milk
- 6 tablespoons Nesquik powder
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place half of the chocolate milk, half of the nesquik powder, half of the sweetened
- condensed milk, half of the whipped topping, and half of the vanilla in a blender.
- Blend until well mixed and combined.
- Pour into a 9x13 baking dish. Place into the freezer.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Every 30 minutes, scrape and mix the frosty breaking up the ice crystals. Focus on the
- outer edges, they freeze first. Keep doing this until it is frozen to your liking.
- You have to blend this in two batches because the amount of ingredients will not fit in a standard
- blender. If you don’t have a blender, you can use a food processor or an immersion blender.
- You can put the whole mix into a large bowl if you don’t want to add it to two separate
- containers. It does make a lot so it takes a while to freeze, this is why I suggest two containers
- to make the process as fast as possible.