These Reuben Egg Rolls are insanely delicious and ultra easy (my fav)
I am one who LOVES corned beef and cabbage and I also LOVE pastrami (you can use either one you’d prefer in this recipe)
Very easy and fun to roll them up!
I got So carried away with egg roll recipes after these that I have a cheeseburger version , taco version AND a steak and cheese version!
Some people love to dip this in a variety of different sauces, i prefer mustard (thats just me)
They taste outstanding as is, no dip needed!
Egg roll possibilities are …e n d l e s s LOL
This recipe I first saw in 2011 on simplecomfortfood.com Great blog you MUST check it out!
Great for lunch, dinner, or even an appetizer!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Reuben Egg Rolls!
- 1.5 C Sauerkraut (chopped)
- 6 oz Corned Beef OR Pastrami (chopped)
- 6 slices Swiss Cheese (cut in strips)
- 6 Egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 C Water
- Preheat oil to 350F
- Mix the sauerkraut and corned beef together
- Lay the wrapper in a diamond shape in front of you
- Lay one strip of cheese in the bottom 1/3 portion of the wrapper
- Put a generous few tablespoons of filling on top of the cheese
- Cover the filling with 3 other strips of cheese (placing them on sides and top)
- Fold the bottom corner over on top of the filling
- Fold in the sides
- 9. Wet the top sides of the wrapper with your fingers (dipped in water)
- Roll the wrap the rest of the way to seal the contents inside of the wrapper
- Place in the oil and fry for 3 – 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel while it cools to the touch
Note Filling will be EXTREMELY hot!