Sicilian Chicken Soup is an Italian classic recipe!
It’s a hearty comfort food that’s made right in your slow cooker and packed full of sensational flavors!
Making a delicious dinner for your family doesn’t have to be difficult or time consuming!
Everyone that has tried it raves about it, it’s pure comfort food at it’s best!
My mom and her parents were born in Sicily, So many of my Italian recipes come from them.
Once you will try it you will be obsessed!
This soup makes the perfect family meal that the entire family is sure to love!
Perfectly paired with warm crusty garlic bread for dipping!
This soup freezes beautifully and can be stored for up to two months in an airtight container!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Sicilian Chicken Soup
- 3-4 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large yellow onion, diced finely
- 4 stalks celery, diced finely
- 2 medium carrots, diced finely
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large white potatoes, skin removed and diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 8 oz. ditalini pasta
- Combine chicken breasts, vegetables, diced tomatoes, about 8 cups of water (or just enough to cover everything by about an inch), chopped parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove chicken breasts from the slow cooker and shred.
- Gently mash the vegetables in the soup about 3-4 times.
- Prepare ditalini pasta according to package instructions and drain.
- Add shredded chicken and cooked pasta to the slow cooker and stir.