Simple Banana Bread is one of the most delicious and moist banana bread recipes you’ll ever try.
Such simple ingredients yield such incredible results!
I HAVE A BUNCH OF OTHER DESSERTS COMING SOON THAT YOU’LL LOVE SO STAY TUNED!!
I didn’t use walnuts in this particular recipe, even though I LOVE walnuts in every single dessert usually. I wanted this recipe be super simple but please, feel free to add any nut you love!
It makes an incredible dessert recipe or a wonderful breakfast in the morning with a hot cup of coffee!
Slather it in butter while its still warm and I swear to you, you will be in heaven for sure! The entire family will adore this recipe!
This is sure to make it onto your weekly dessert/breakfast baking rotation– whenever you have bananas that are ultra ripe, this will be on the baking menu!
If you have never tried banana bread (i think we all have before BUT i digress) Banana bread is a type of bread made basically from mashed ripe bananas. It is a moist, sweet, cake-like quick bread that everyone goes nuts over.
I suggest leaving it for an extra 7 or so minutes if you like a crust, I know I do! This recipe is amazing. Five star banana bread!
!(*Secret ingredient: I used vanilla butternut for a little extra yumminess.
Which i got HERE–> https://amzn.to/2YhnWUY)
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Simple Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract*
- 4 overripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick (or 1/2 cup) butter, at room temp
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- Optional: chopped pecans or walnuts (I did not use nuts for this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix flour, baking soda, salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until completely mixed together.
- To the creamed butter mixture add the eggs, mashed bananas, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Blend completely.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients a little at a time. Blend thoroughly but don’t over mix. Scrape down the sides of mixing bowl if using a stand mixer so there are no lumps of flour left.
- Pour into a well-greased loaf pan.
- Bake on the lowest rack in your oven for 55-60 minutes. When it’s done you should be able to insert a toothpick and it will come out clean. If the top is getting too burnt and the inside is not done, cover it with aluminum foil and bake another five minutes.
- Let cool before cutting with a serrated bread knife. Makes 1 loaf.