Enjoy satisfying comfort food with this Slow Cooker Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup. It’s the perfect meal to enjoy on a cold day when you want something to warm you up. Forget ordering it at the restaurant, when you can make it right at home!
If you’ve ever gone to Olive Garden, you know how amazing the Zuppa Toscana Soup is! Learn how to make it at home with simple ingredients, such as onion, garlic, and bacon, to enjoy the dish for lunch, dinner, or as an appetizer.
Slow Cooker Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
One of the things I look forward to enjoying whenever I visit Olive Garden is their incredible Zuppa Toscana Soup. Of course, I don’t get there that often, but now I don’t need to worry about it! With this Crock Pot Zuppa Toscana, it’s easy to emulate the taste of the soup from Olive Garden without the expense. So, give this recipe a try if you love it as much as I do and want to enjoy the most delicious soup full of flavorful ingredients. It’s amazing!
Why You’ll Love This Copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana in a Crockpot
- The soup has such an incredible taste. Everything pairs well together, from the potatoes to the bacon, Italian sausage, and kale.
- It’s not hard to prepare this homemade soup. You’re essentially tossing the ingredients into your slow cooker and allowing them to cook perfectly together for a few hours.
- You can eat this at any time of the day. It’s great as an appetizer, but you can also have it as your meal!
Copycat Zuppa Toscana Ingredients
- Chicken Stock – You can use chicken stock or chicken broth, whichever you prefer.
- Italian Sausage – Use spicy Italian sausage to give this soup a slight kick.
- Bacon – Cook and crumble your bacon into pieces.
- Onion – Dice your onion into small pieces.
- Garlic – Grab around three cloves of garlic and mince them.
- Heavy Cream – Thicken your soup and add its incredible flavor with heavy cream.
- Kale – Chop your kale into fine pieces and toss it into your slow cooker.
You’ll need a few other ingredients to complete this recipe, such as water, russet potatoes, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
Zuppa Toscana Soup Recipe Variations
- If you don’t like spicy food, you can swap out the spicy Italian sausage for sweet Italian sausage.
- Don’t have sausage? You can still make this soup simply by leaving the sausage out or replacing it with other meat, such as ground chicken, turkey, or beef.
- You can add your favorite blend of seasonings to this soup, which will alter the taste.
Zuppa Toscana Notes
- Don’t add the kale at the beginning. Wait until you’ve allowed your ingredients to cook for seven to eight hours before tossing the kale in and letting it cook for an additional 30 minutes.
- Add your heavy cream last, giving it a good stir and letting it cook in with the rest of the ingredients for five minutes.
- When serving this soup, consider sprinkling some parmesan cheese on top for added flavor. It goes great with this dish.
Slow Cooker Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup FAQs
What kind of bacon should I use for this recipe?
You can use any brand and flavor of bacon that you personally prefer. If you want your soup to have that smoky taste, I’d recommend using hardwood smoked or applewood smoked bacon for your soup.
Do I need to cook the bacon beforehand?
Yes, you’ll need to cook the bacon before adding it to the slow cooker. An easy way to do this is to bake it in the oven.
Can I use red or Yukon gold potatoes?
You can always use red or Yukon gold potatoes if you don’t have russet potatoes. However, they may get softer faster.
Can I add veggies to this soup?
Sure, you can add more vegetables to this soup. Some veggies that would go great with it include corn, peas, and even thinly sliced carrots. You can also chop some broccoli and throw it in the mix with the rest of your ingredients.
Who says you have to go to Olive Garden for their creamy and delicious soup? Now, you have the option of making it at home with this easy Slow Cooker Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup recipe! It’s absolutely delicious.
MORE SOUP RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE!
Slow Cooker Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
- 32 oz low-sodium chicken stock or broth
- 3 cups water
- 24 oz spicy Italian sausage cooked and crumbled
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 5 medium russet potatoes cut into 1/8-1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups kale chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place all ingredients except for kale and heavy cream into a large slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in kale and let cook for another 30 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream, let heat through (five minutes) and serve.
- We like to serve this soup with some grated Parmesan cheese on top. Delicious!