Strawberry Pretzel Salad is a classic favorite dessert that is loved by many, it is sure to be one of the first things to disappear at any potluck, get together or BBQ!!
I have been making this delicious recipe for years. It has always turned out wonderful each and every time, always receives great reviews and many requests for the recipe!
The sweet and the salty together tastes phenomenal , its the perfect light and fresh dessert for any occasion, its such a wonderful, scrumptious dessert!
One of my favorite things about this particular recipe is that you can make so many delicious variations if you’re not in the mood for strawberry! I have done blueberry, peach and raspberry!
This Recipe is so ultra easy! The hardest part was waiting for it to chill.
We all couldnt wait to just dig right in!
I have made this yummy ‘salad’ for years now and I love it and so does everyone who tries it!
I do prefer to call it a salad because then maybe I won’t feel as guilty for eating a lot of it LOL 😉
This recipe has been around since the 60’s when these types of jello salads were popular!
This is one dessert that is sure to become a family favorite for years to come!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Strawberry Pretzel Salad!
- 3 1/2 cups pretzel sticks, crushed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 pound strawberries, stems removed and sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (6 oz.) box strawberry jello
For the crust:
For the filling:
For the topping:
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease a 13 x 9" baking dish.
- Combine crushed pretzels, sugar, and melted butter in a medium bowl and stir.
- Press the crust into the prepared baking dish and bake for 10 minutes.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Boil water and sprinkle in strawberry jello. Stir until dissolved.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the thawed whipped topping.
- Spread filling over the cooled crust and place in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and lay strawberries in an even layer over the filling.
- Pour the jello mixture over the strawberries and chill in the fridge once again for at least 2 hours before serving.