Sweet Potato Pie is another one of my late grandmother’s incredible pie recipes & I promise, you’ve never had one that tastes this good! Perfect for the upcoming baking season!
This pie is crazy delicious and the crust is only 3 ingredients!! It really takes this pie to a whole other level of amazing!
Sweet potato pie is a classic and traditional dessert that everyone must try! It is usually served during the fall/ christmas/ holiday season, especially at Thanksgiving and at Christmas dinner in place of pumpkin pie, which is more traditional (I have that recipe too) if you want that one 🙂
This is the 9th year I have baked this pie, and it is truly outstanding. This year will be 10 years since my grandmother passed away and I want to share her pie recipes with you all, especially with baking season coming soon!
BAKERS NOTE: This pie is perfect to bake in advance– cover tightly and store in the fridge to serve the next day! If you want to freeze the pie, it freezes well for up to 3 months! Just be sure to thaw the pie overnight in the fridge before serving.
This recipe was shared with me by my sweet grandmother. It has long been a favorite, and everyone who tastes it says it is the best they have ever had, I have to agree.
People who have eaten sweet potato pie all their lives say this recipe is the best they have ever tasted. I am thrilled to be able to bring you all of these amazing pie recipes- stay tuned for many more so you can save them all for upcoming baking season!
I love to make a bunch of these pies and give them out to friends and family- they adore when I do that 🙂
Be sure to add this incredible dessert to your baking list this upcoming season- it would be amazing for Thanksgiving!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Sweet Potato Pie
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (3-4 small sweet potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
Makes 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix cream cheese and butter until combined.
- Add in flour and mix until the dough starts to clump together.
- If necessary, knead together to form a ball, and then press the dough down into the pie pan, covering the bottom and the sides of the pan.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut up into one-inch chunks.
- Place in a pot with boiling water just covering the potatoes, and cook until fork-tender.
- Puree the cooked sweet potatoes in a food processor to get smooth consistency.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed sweet potatoes and remaining ingredients, and stir to incorporate.
- Pour into pie shell, and bake for 60 minutes.