Bringing you all another amazing cookie to add to your holiday baking list!
Start off by rolling them into balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet!
Next your going to roll all of your chocolate balls in a bowl of chopped pecans!
After you’ve rolled them in the pecans, place them back onto your cookie sheet and make sure they’re evenly spaced!
For full instruction on how to make these delicious turtle cookies refer to the recipe down below!
They’re incredibly easy to make despite looking complicated, they’re sure to impress!
If you’ve ever had turtle candy, these are them in cookie form!
These thumbprint cookies are perfect for cookie exchanges, gifts or just for a delicious dessert the entire family is sure to love.
Chocolate cookies, melted caramel, nuts – pure deliciousness, you can’t go wrong with that combination!
I have many incredible cookie recipes here on the blog, be sure to check them out.
MY OTHER RECIPES
MY LATEST VIDEOS
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Turtle Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 C flour
- 1/3 C cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 2/3 C sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 C pecan chips
- 12 unwrapped caramel squares
- 1 tsp water
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Using a standing mixer, beat together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy
- Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla until combined
- Gradually beat in the flour ingredients until combined
- Cover dough with plastic wrap and place into the fridge for 2 hours
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Pour pecan chips into a medium bowl
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out two tablespoon size of dough and roll into a ball
- Roll dough ball into the pecan chips until coated
- Place coated dough ball onto the cookie sheet
- Repeat steps with about 11-12 more cookies
- Using the back of a TBSP make an indent into the center of the dough
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes
- Once timer goes off, press the TBSP into the cookies again and make a new indention
- Repeat steps with remaining dough
- Once all cookies are bake, if you haven't already, unwrap the caramels and place them into a microwave safe bowl with the 1 tsp of water
- Microwave on increments in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth
- Using a tsp, fill the indention's in the cookies with the melted caramel
- Allow caramel to harden for an hour before enjoying