This is the Ultimate Baked Beans with Smoked Sausage recipe! Its very hearty, flavorful & packed full of bacon, sausage and seasonings that take it over the top! Perfectly paired with cornbread or hot buttered dinner rolls!
You can use your favorite sausages in this recipe, even chopped hot dogs, Chorizo or bratwurst would work as well!
No one wants boring baked beans….this is one recipe that you are going to come back to time and time again! Its a incredible recipe everyone is sure to go crazy over.
Its wonderful as a meal itself with a side of warm cornbread right out of the oven or even a side salad. Its very hearty and filling as well as extremely delicious. You can make this recipe in the slow cooker or crock pot too- just put it on LOW for 4 hours!
Next time I think I will try using hot italian sausages because those are my ultimate favorite and I know it would give this recipe an extra kick of spice and flavor throughout. Perfect recipe to have on your rotation for the cooler moths coming up soon!
Allowing it to further cook in the oven really melds the ingredients together well and gives it even more of a deep flavor. Its wonderful for get togethers, dinners , potlucks and BBQ’s!
This recipe can be made in advance, you can store it in the fridge , covered for up to 5 days and it even freezes well if you want to freeze separate portions for throughout the month!
I made this recipe originally over the Summer a few times for barbecue potlucks! I received many compliments and tons of rave reviews. Highly recommend you all try this recipe asap! I love eating it with some hot buttered dinner rolls on the side- its heaven!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
- 12 strips thick cut bacon, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs. smoked sausage kielbasa , sliced
- 3 16 ounce cans of bushes baked beans
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a oven-safe dutch oven over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp.
- Transfer cooked bacon to a paper-towel lined plate to absorb any extra grease.
- Saute onions in the bacon grease remaining in the dutch oven until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add minced garlic and sliced smoked sausage and continue to cook another 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add pork and beans, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, apple cider vinegar, yellow mustard, salt & pepper and hot sauce to the pan and stir to combine.
- Continue cooking until mixture is simmering, then place the dutch oven into the preheated oven and bake for 50-55 minutes.
Recipe adapted from spicysouthernkitchen.com