Valentine’s Day Shortbread Cookie Bites are the perfect way to show your love! Super delicious & easy to make! When you want to prepare an impressive treat for a special day, be sure to make these Cookie Bites. Not only do they look cute, but they taste amazing!
Get creative in the kitchen when making these Valentine Shortbread Cookies. Not only will your children love them, but you can also serve them to loved ones throughout February when having them over to your house for dinner! These cookies are easy to prepare, taste amazing, and are perfect to have on Valentine’s Day.
Heart Shaped Cookies for Valentine’s Day
Why spend money on cookies at the store when you can prepare these Valentine Shortbread Cookies at home? Not only will they taste better, but you’ll also be able to customize them to your liking using love-themed sprinkles and food coloring to make the perfect icing to add on top. With a few simple ingredients and a bit of your time, you can have these cookies ready to serve in no time.
Why You’ll Love These Heart Cookies
They’re adorable. If you want to make the most adorable sweet treat for Valentine’s Day, these Valentine Shortbread Cookies are a must!
Not only do they look good, but they also taste amazing.
It’s easy to prepare these Valentine’s Day Sprinkle Cookie Bites for your friends and family to enjoy.
Before you can prepare these incredible cookie bites, you’ll need to gather the following ingredients:
Unsalted Butter – Use sweet cream butter for this recipe, making sure to leave it out to soften beforehand.
Sugar – Adding granulated sugar to the mixture will help give these cookies that sweet touch.
Almond Extract – A small amount of this extract adds even more flavor to the cookies.
Flour – The flour will act as the base for your cookie dough.
You’re also going to need some salt and Valentine’s Day nonpareils sprinkles to add to them. When preparing the icing, you’ll need powdered sugar, milk, vanilla extract, and a disposable piping bag.
Can I use any sprinkles that I want?
Yes, you can use other sprinkles if you can’t find or don’t want to use the Valentine’s Day nonpareils sprinkles. For example, you can use heart sprinkles and other love-themed sprinkles that you can find at the stores.
What can I use for the icing if I don’t have a piping bag?
If you don’t have a piping bag, you have two options. You can add the icing into a large freezer storage bag, twist the top, and snip a piece from the bottom, using it as a piping bag to drizzle your icing on top of the cookies. If not, you can spread the icing over your cookies using a butter knife.
Do I need any special equipment to make these cookies?
You won’t typically need any special equipment, but it’s good to have a heart-shaped cookie cutter and a piping bag for your icing. If you have these two items, you’re good to go and can prepare these cookie bites in no time.
Can I add food coloring to my icing?
Yes. If you’d like to make pink or red icing for these cute and tasty cookies, you can add a few drops of food coloring gel to the icing mixture with the milk and powdered sugar.
Be sure to lightly flour your cookie cutter before you use it to keep it from sticking to your cookie dough.
Check your cookies at the eight-minute market to see if they’re done. If not, you can leave them in for an additional two minutes.
Make sure you allow your cookies to cool before you add any frosting to them. You can place them on a wire rack so that they’ll cool at a faster pace.
How to Store Valentine’s Day Cookies
After icing your cookies, allow them to sit for several minutes before placing them in a single layer in a large cookie container or food storage container. If you must stack them, be sure to separate the layers of cookies with parchment paper to keep them from getting stuck to one another. After storing them in the container, you can seal them with the lid and leave them on your kitchen counter to enjoy as often as you’d like.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Valentines Day Shortbread Cookie Bites
Makes 36 cookies
- 1 ?2 C unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- 1 ?4 C sugar
- 1 ?2 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 1 ?4 C flour
- 1 ?4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 ?4 C Valentine’s Day nonpareils sprinkles
- 1 - 2 in mini heart cookie cutter
- Icing ingredients
- 3 ?4 C powdered sugar
- 3-5 tbsp milk
- 1 ?2 tsp clear vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp Valentine’s Day nonpareils sprinkles
- 1 disposable piping bag
- Preheat oven to 350F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone
- baking mat
- Using a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and almond extract until creamy and combined
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour and salt until combined
- Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the wet until a dough forms
- Mix in the 1?4 C Valentine’s Day sprinkles
- Lightly flour a cutting board and roll the dough into 1?4 in thick rectangle
- Use the cookie cutter and cutout mini heart cookies
- Place the hearts onto the cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown
- Allow to cool before transferring to a wire rack
- Using a small bowl, whisk the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until combined and smooth
- Spoon the icing into the piping bag and cut the tip off
- Drizzle the icing over the cookies
- Sprinkle some cookie sprinkles on top and allow the icing to harden before enjoying!