This Chocolate Cake is soaked in scrumptious Baileys Irish Cream then topped with homemade Baileys Irish Cream Buttercream Frosting! HAVE MERCY!
I’ve made this amazing cake for friends and family a few times now and it’s for sure a family favorite that always gets requested! I bake the cake in one of my beautiful white ceramic dishes so its pretty when i bring it out to serve! its so Delicious!
I’m making this cake for St. Patrick’s Day! Its only fitting to serve it then! 🙂 it would also be wonderful for bake sales, pot lucks, get togethers, parties or holidays!
If you’re like me, you love baileys irish cream- its one of my all time favorite alcohols to bake with since its flavor is outstanding! It enhances the taste of a cake like you would not believe!
I have a ton of other alcohol infused cakes here on the blog- be sure to check out my dessert section! I have more desserts on here than anything else! They are all insanely popular.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Baileys Irish Cream Chocolate Cake with Baileys Buttercream Frosting
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 14- oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Baileys
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 5 cups. powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Baileys
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Spray the baking dish with non-stick baking spray.
- Prepare chocolate cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature
- Poke holes all over the cake.
- In a medium bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, cocoa
- powder, and Baileys.
- Mix to combine with a whisk.
- Pour Baileys filling over poke holes and spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
Baileys irish cream buttercream Frosting:
- In a large bowl of a standing mixer, add butter, powdered sugar,
- Baileys, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt.
- Mix until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread frosting over cake.