Homemade Banana Cake Roll that is stuffed with a cream cheese filling then topped with caramel sauce is sure to please every one!
Are you wanting to try a new dessert that’s different but still delicious? You won’t go wrong when you bake this wonderful Banana Cake Roll.
If you’re craving something sweet and tasty, try this Banana Cake Roll recipe. It’s fun to prepare and full of flavor, making it the perfect snack to enjoy at home or while you’re on the go!
Banana Cake Roll with Cream Cheese filling
Are you a fan of banana-flavored foods? If so, this Banana Roll recipe is a must-have. It consists of banana cake with a sweet and creamy cream cheese filling. It also has the perfect caramel sauce added on top to give it that special taste and texture. If you’re looking for a unique and delicious treat to prepare that is different from the usual chocolate and vanilla snacks, this treat is worth making!
Why You Need to Try This Banana Roll Recipe
The Banana Roll has the perfect texture and taste. It’s soft with a sweet touch.
It’s not hard to prepare the delicious cake roll that you can expect your family to enjoy.
You won’t need too many ingredients to get started. As long as you have the right ingredients, you can make this delicious baked treat in no time!
Banana Swiss Roll Ingredients
Before you begin preparing this recipe, be sure to have the right ingredients, including:
All-Purpose Flour – Start with flour as the base for your cake roll batter.
Baking Powder – Ensure that your cake has the perfect texture using a bit of baking powder.
Ground Cinnamon – The touch of ground cinnamon isn’t too overpowering and will easily add more flavor to this cake.
Granulated Sugar – Add a sweeter touch to your cake with some granulated sugar.
Lemon Juice – Use a touch of lemon juice for a slightly zesty flavor that takes this cake to the next level.
Banana – Use around two ripe bananas for this recipe.
Cream Cheese – You’re going to need some cream cheese for the filling in this recipe.
Caramel Sauce – Use your favorite brand of caramel sauce in this recipe.
You’ll also need baking soda, eggs, salt, powdered sugar, Cool Whip, sliced bananas, and some walnuts to complete this recipe.
I LOVE making cake rolls and I have two you need to try already here on the blog!
What type of cream cheese do I need to use?
You’re going to need to use full-fat cream cheese. However, the brand isn’t too important. Use the brand you like best, whether it’s a generic brand or not.
Do I need to use fresh lemon juice in this recipe?
No, you don’t. While you can use fresh juice from a lemon in this recipe, it’s also fine to use bottled lemon juice because you only need a small amount of the juice to prepare this banana cake roll.
What type of caramel sauce do I need to use?
You can use any caramel sauce that you personally prefer. Because you’re going to enjoy this sweet treat with your family, it’s best to choose a caramel sauce that you’ve tried before and know that you enjoy ensuring that it will take this cake roll recipe to the next level.
Do I have to use caramel sauce?
No, it’s optional. While the caramel sauce does add more flavor to this cake roll, it’s not a necessity. If you’d prefer to leave it out of this recipe, you can replace it with powdered sugar. Sprinkling powdered sugar on top of this cake will add a special touch of sweetness to it!
Recipe Notes & Tips
Sometimes it’s hard to keep the parchment paper in the pan. If you find yourself having a hard time keeping it in the pan, don’t stress it. Instead, crumble it up before you use it. You’ll need to crumble gently to avoid breaking the parchment paper.
Instead of using a towel when rolling this cake, you can use parchment paper. It’s much more convenient.
You can add even more flavor to this cake roll by using some chopped walnuts and freshly sliced bananas on it. However, this is optional. If you don’t want to use the walnuts, use any nut you like or you can leave them out of this recipe.
How to Store the Cake Roll
Place your cake roll in an airtight container and put it in the fridge, where you can keep it fresh for up to five days. If you prefer to freeze it, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, put it in a Ziploc bag, and then place it in the freezer for up to three months.
No need to dirty a dish towel. Just cut a piece of parchment paper 2 inches longer than your 12×17 inch pan. Spray well with cooking spray. When the cake is finished baking, gently fold the parchment paper over one end and roll up the cake in the paper. Cool completely, before unrolling. The cake will come off the paper easily and no need for extra mess.
Parchment paper tends to roll up and is hard to keep in the pan. A handy trick….carefully crumble the parchment paper, making sure not to tear a hole. Then smooth paper back out, pressing into the corners of the pan.
If you prefer not to use caramel sauce to top this cake, you can sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Banana Cake Roll
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Whipped cream
- Sliced Bananas
- Caramel sauce
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Pan size: 12x17 inch
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a 12x17 inch pan with parchment paper, cut at least 2 inches longer than the pan. Spray the pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just till combined.
- Stir in the lemon juice and banana.
- Spread the batter evenly over the pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, check for doneness.
- May need up to 5 minutes longer.
- Remove the pan from the oven and fold the parchment paper over the cake on one end.
- Roll the cake up while it is nice and warm.
- Place the cake on a wire rack until cooled, or place in the refrigerator to chill.
- When the cake has cooled completely, carefully unroll and spread the filling evenly over the entire cake.
- Roll the cake back up, removing the parchment paper as you roll.
- Pipe cool whip on the top of the cake and add sliced bananas.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and walnuts.
- Beat the cream cheese, butter, and caramel sauce together until creamy.
- Sift the powdered sugar into the cream cheese and beat till combined.
- Keep on the counter till ready to use. It is much easier to spread when it is at room temperature.
this will help prevent the cake from breaking.