Coleslaw Pasta Salad is one of my families favorite pasta salads for all of our get togethers during the Summer!
Packed full of veggies, cole slaw, cucumbers and more! tossed with a delicious dressing, to create one of the best, most loved pasta salads for any occasion!
The taste of this salad is incredibly scrumptious and I promise you (and everyone else) will be going back for seconds and thirds! It tastes amazing as a side dish with food straight off the grill- cheeseburgers, hot dogs, steak, grilled chicken!
Next time I make this salad for my family I am going to add in some cheese cubes! even shredded cheese would add some yumminess to this amazing salad!
I used ditalini pasta for this recipe, you can use your favorite of course if you’d prefer! rotini (twisties) are a fav of mine to use for a variety of my side dish salads!
An ultra crowd pleaser for sure- One of the first things to disappear from any pot luck, pool party or family gathering!
Everyone in my house is still eating this amazing salad 2 days later – for lunch!
When I’m going to a friend or family members BBQ , I always love to bring a couple different pasta salads along with me, this one is always one of them!
One of the most important steps in making a cold pasta salad is remember to “shock” the pasta.
If you do not allow the pasta to cool completely (even refrigerating it to get it nice and cold) it will become gummy and soak up all the dressing if you try to mix it while still warm!
No need to choose which side dish you want- have both with this one! It has the creaminess and the crunch – and such an outstanding flavor!
Please remember to SHARE on Facebook and PIN IT!
Coleslaw Pasta Salad
- 1 (16oz.) box ditalini pasta, cooked and rinsed
- 1 (16oz.) bag coleslaw mix
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, thinly chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped small
- 1 1/2 cups real mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Add all salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl and toss.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for 4 to 6 hours.